+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 28

Thread: 9.11.01

  1. #9
    Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Where cupcakes are infinite ^_^
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    Re: 9.11.01

    I was right next to the towers when the first plane hit. I remember the shadow of the plane... the horrible noise of the explosion... the cries... and the people on the ground. I'll never forget that day because I was right there.


    Meow. :3

  2. #10
    Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Friendly Fridley
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: 9.11.01

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Well, I was in NY in class, and... it went off in the intercom that the towers fell. I was 11 so I was like "HUH?" I thought the Japanese did it at first O.O
    Theeen when I got out of skool is when everything hit me, i was crying, ppl walked from MANHATTAN from THE BRONX (where I lived, which is like a two and a half hour walk) with debris on them, cryin and just in fright... it was crazy, the lights were off at my grandma's store (which is gwhere I was at) and.... planes were going over our heads and... i thought i was gonna die... was crazy...
    Wow... you were sooo close. That must've been very difficult to experience for you. especially at such a young age. But, at the same time you've probably gained tons of strength in character from it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post

    I remember when the plane hit tower 2
    I remember when the plane hit tower 1
    I remember when the plane hit the Pentagon
    I remember when the passengers of the final plane choose to go down
    I remember when both towers fell
    I remember with every tear I shed
    I remember it all very well
    Oooohhh weeee.... *fights back tears*

    You presented your memory with alot of emotion. So much so, that it took me back to that day for a moment. The words above, are poetic. Thank you so much for sharing that.

    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    And I was saddened yet again as I watched both presidental candidates "Call a truce to remember 9/11". Bull. It was a publicity stunt and good press for both candidates, and it detracted from signifigance of the event. They had no right to usurp news coverage on the memoral.
    Really? Is that what they did? I dont watch much TV at the moment (my cable was dissconected and my dignity has prevented me from purchasing rabbit ears.) Anyway, I can really see you're point. I'd love to believe that it wasn't a calculated "Publicity stunt". BUT, they're presidential candidates, they thrive off the media.... and they calculate everything. Sad really. The focus goes from remembering a world changing event.... to "Wow, they called a truce!"..... tsk tsk tsk.

    Quote Originally Posted by katsoyori33 View Post
    I was right next to the towers when the first plane hit. I remember the shadow of the plane... the horrible noise of the explosion... the cries... and the people on the ground. I'll never forget that day because I was right there.
    Another close encounter... Quite close, from the sound of it. I couldn't even imagine. And am truely sorry you had to experience that.
    ... Not Ever Again...

  3. #11
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: 9.11.01

    I remember it clearly. I was on my way to high school, just started a new semester really when it all happened. I was driving to school and was no more then a few blocks down the road when I switch on the radio and I hear the new's caster saying "Oh my god, an airline passanger plain has struck the World Trade Center..." That was the first thing I heard on that day and the words and images are burned into my mind for ever. My first class we had a TV and we watched everything, even saw the second plain hitting the other tower, and when the two towers colapsed. It was heart wrenching.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  4. #12
    Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sadly, Michigan
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: 9.11.01

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    A bit more serious from me, i know. But this is not a joking matter, wouldn't you agree?
    This is were people usually tend to hate me, I disagree.

    I was in 6th grade, english. Teaher told us. Everyone was pretty shocked, I jsut said "OF COURSE! An attack on the USA has to happen when I'm getting older."

    Personally I could care less for the people who died, and those who lost their loved ones get no sympathy from me. WHy? Because stuff like this has happened before (Not directly meaning a plane crashing into a building I was wanting to visit), but as in war, attacks. Also because I'm an apathetic bastard. I shall await any flaming messages towards me, if any. (No, I no be trolling either)

    "And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

  5. #13
    Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somers NY
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 99 Times in 93 Posts

    Re: 9.11.01

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    This is were people usually tend to hate me, I disagree.

    I was in 6th grade, english. Teaher told us. Everyone was pretty shocked, I jsut said "OF COURSE! An attack on the USA has to happen when I'm getting older."

    Personally I could care less for the people who died, and those who lost their loved ones get no sympathy from me. WHy? Because stuff like this has happened before (Not directly meaning a plane crashing into a building I was wanting to visit), but as in war, attacks. Also because I'm an apathetic bastard. I shall await any flaming messages towards me, if any. (No, I no be trolling either)
    in all honesty, i think you are right. human suffering has gone on since man first crawled out of his chimp suit. no one country has it worse than another. i mean, sure we are all pretty bummed about all of this, but just imagine how the japanese felt when we leveled two of their biggest cities.
    Why hello there!

  6. #14
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: 9.11.01

    True, but it doesnt make it any less tragic. A loss of life still brings out sarrow and heart ach no mater how many times it happens or how often.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  7. #15
    of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    2,172
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: 9.11.01

    My desensitization and my disconnected lack of sympathy and real compassion tends to tempt me into telling someone "HAPPY 9/11" just for laughs, but I suppose that would be cruel, cold, insensitive, and just downright disgusting. I suppose.

    I know that's wrong, but sometimes I just feel unable to comprehend the pain and suffering that other people feel when it comes to tragedy like that. I'm the kind of person that wouldn't care if my parents or anyone close to me died. Maybe it's some sort of demented defense mechanism or maybe there's a screw loose somewhere inside my head, but the only thing I can really say about those that lost loved ones in tragedies such as 9/11 is a cold, apathetic, and awkward "that sucks".
    I love my girlfriend.

  8. #16
    Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    312
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: 9.11.01

    I'm sorry...but I agree...I could honestly care less about it because (like stated before) it's happened before and it's not the worse thing thats happened to this nation. I hate talking to people about it because they normally feel so compassionate about it. It doesn't help that it's been quite a few years ago so...I've really forgotten most of what I was doing then. I know I was coming into math class and the teachers had the news on and everybody was like "Oh no...the twin towers fell..." and I didn't know who or what the twin towers were and quite frankly didn't care...I was just happy that I was watching tv instead of doing math and then we let out of school early!

    oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts