+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 911

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Today is 09-11-09, today we remember those who have died in the attack of the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon and give our hearts, respect, and condolences to those families who have lost their loved ones in those horrible tragedies.
    I would like to dedicate this threat to those families who have lost something of theirs that could never be replaced, family. This thread is also to respect the brave fire fighters and others involved who have risked and sacrificed their own lives for the sake of saving others.

I would like to request people to show their support, please no apathetic or demeaning words, no petty arguing or bickering over politics, policies, or pointing fingers. If you have nothing to say that shows respect or support to the families and the people that have lost their lives and loved ones, please keep those comments to your self. I would also like the MODs to make sure such inappropriate comments be removed if they happen to appear.

As for my self, this day I remember all to well, I remember hearing it on the radio as I was on my way to school. I just couldn’t believe what was happening and thought that this was some sick joke or a movie advertisement or something but had to come to the realization that this really happened. I remember once in class we quickly turned onto the news to watch what was happening. We all watched in horror as the second plain hit the second tower. Tears welled up and pored from my eyes and down my face. My heart sank into a bottomless pit. We all watched in horror as people tried to climb down the side of the building or jumped to their death preferring a quicker death to a slow painful one. I simply put my head down on my desk and cried.
    And so my heart goes out to those families who have lost so much and those who risked their lives to save others.
    Ever sense then I could never watch the replays of those events, its just to painful and I become sick with heart ache and sorrow.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

anonymous (Sep 12, 2009), Frozen Rose (Sep 11, 2009)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 911

I remember that day very well...

I was just waking up--kinda half asleep with my eyes still closed--at a friends house. I could hear them talkin' about a plane hitting the world trade center and I heard all sorts of commotion on the TV. So, when I finally decided to open my eyes and wake up, I asked them, "Hey, what movie are you guys watching?" (They watched TONS of movies over there) That's when I look up at the TV and I see the second plane hitting the other tower and I was shocked to find out that this was ACTUALLY happening! There was no goin' back to sleep after that. At the time, I had only been out of the Army for about a year-and-a-half so, I was worried that I'd end up goin' back. (If you're discharged from the Army, you're on a list for 8 years. That list is a list of people who can be drafted in war-time situations, if need be... Thank god my eight years is up!)

More importantly, today is my sister's birthday!

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I was 11 or 12.. I think.

And It was morning before school. I looking for cartoons on TV: It was on all the channels. So me being like "Whatever" I went down stairs to get some milk. I didn't know what it was all I knew it was blocking my favorite morning cartoon. I noticed it was on the mini TV downstairs as well. Then I heard little Ros scream. She was like in high school at the time. I guess she could understand.. I went up stairs and she was pointing at the TV. I was like "Yea and it's on all the cartoon channels too" I actually said that. She ran upstairs to get grandma. They called everyone they knew, and well I had to get to school. I was just upset about no cartoons being on. I know right; I never understood until I saw more clippings when I got home.. people where jumping from the buildings and I realized it was something of great importance. People just kepted talking, nothing but rumors.. I worried that since I lived in Alaska we'd be next.

At the time before that you got to understand. American life just seemed at its top. 2000 was a great feeling and 2001 was to bring the full start of the 21st century. It really killed the starting of a new start for me. I was 11 going on 12. It's been a mood killer ever since.

(silence) ... God Speed.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol I totally forgot that was today was 9-11.

I remember being in English class as I was told that we were being attacked, then they played the news the entire rest of the day. We didn't do any kind of school work. Then whenever I got out of school, the gas station jacked up the gas prices and there were long lines. Lots of people were freaking out. I remember thinking if the world was coming to the end.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

What a mix of very contradicting emotions there Atomic, a day of great joy you have for your sister and her birthday and of great sorrow for those who have lost their lives in the terrorist attacks. At some point there must be some feeling of awkwardness I bet. Any way, happy birthday for your sister.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

I tend to not realize 911 has come and gone each year until a few days have past. I even looked at the date last night before I went to sleep and it didn't click.

I don't exactly remember how I woke up that morning but I do remember sitting down in my living room with the rest of my family watching the news before school. I can't remember what I was feeling at the time, but I do remember watching the second plane hit and thinking it was just a replay they managed to get from someone that happened to be taping the towers at the time of the first plane. Then it slowly dawned on me that both towers were smoking and then I started yelling to my mom who was in the kitchen at the time. It took even longer for the new casters to realize what had happened.

After I got to school it was interesting to notice that some kids, what seemed like half, didn't even know about the attack at all. We were then taken to the auditorium or the library to watch the news cast for a while, but unlike some of your schools we went back to class after only a few hours so I didn't find out the towers fell until they canceled classes an hour early and I got home from school. Actually at that point I only remember one tower falling but I could be remembering it wrong.

Now Mr. K was afraid because he lived in Alaska, but I'm going to go ahead and say that I still feel like my town would have been a more likely 2nd or 3rd strike. I lived, and just moved back to, the town of Los Alamos, NM. If you haven't heard of it, look it up you might learn something. Suffice it to say, the whole town shut down for almost a week, but no one had the energy to evacuate since we had all done that a year before with a huge fire we had in the area.

I often feel disconnected from what happened on the east coast and I wonder if its because we had to deal with the stress of our own possible attack or if its just the way I am.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I was 16, and I was on a public bus on my way to school listening to the radio, and the DJ inturupted Enter Sandman by Metalica and announced that he doesn't know quite what was going on in new york by he knows that a plane crashed.

When I got to school I skipped all my classes that day and was in the Library watching the news on the TV and the Internet.

Meanwhile my dad, who was in the military, phoned my mom and told her to put his gear on the back porch and that he wouldn't be home for a few days.

Since my dad had air traffic control training, the military supplemented the staff at Winnipeg International Airport when the order came down that all air traffic was to be grounded.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember walking to my first period class in high school when I heard about the crash at the Pentagon... A few minutes into class my teacher turned on the news and we watched it the whole period. My older sister was in New York when it happened... So I was terrified for her. But she was okay.

Tragedy is tragedy, regardless of what side of the political fence you stand on.

I refuse to feel sad about America. So many people forget this isn't about that. It's about the people who were lost, and the families that are suffering.

I cried when I saw the image of Father Judge's body being carried out of the debris. I broke down. I'm not religious, but what the man did in his life as a priest, and his level of care and love for people made that so very sad. Many call him the Saint of 911... He really gave comfort to those who were dying at the scene... Which is something not very many people can do. He died to give those people a little comfort. That's truly heart wrenching to me.

I also cried when I saw all the "Have you seen..." posters... People looking desperately for their missing loved ones... Many of which were never truly found... I couldn't imagine going through something like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast