+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome

World AIDS Day is officially on December 1st. I know for sure countries all over the world will be promoting awareness by wearing a red colored garment that day.

Will you?
    What will you do to promote awareness?

Around forty million people are living with HIV throughout the world - and that number increases in every region every day. In the UK alone, more than 60,000 people are living with HIV and more than 7,000 more are diagnosed every year. Ignorance and prejudice are fuelling the spread of a preventable disease.

World AIDS Day, 1 December is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV and AIDS. This year, it's up to you, me and us to stop the spread of HIV and end prejudice.
    I will promote awareness around my school by wearing a red shirt and a red ribbon. I want my peers to understand that AIDS is not just a disease in Africa or only in the homosexual, bisexual, transexual, and transgender communities.

Instead, I want to show them that the youth, straight, asian, black, white, or anyone is susceptible to this disease. And that we should all stand as ONE in this day of awareness.

If you would like to promote Awareness around our forum community (AnimeOnline), you may use the signature I created. The more that know, the more people that will be saved from making a choice that will decide the course of their life. Make a difference and spread the word.

Signature:

A wallpaper I made a while back in support of Awareness:
    http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...500&ppuser=358

Links of interest:

World AIDS Day - 1 December 2006

AIDS to be 3rd leading cause of death - Boston.com

How the world can conquer AIDS - Yahoo! News

Be Aware.
    Last edited by Kasai; Nov 29, 2006 at 02:34 PM.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome

Thanks, I didn't know that. I will wear a red shirt on friday and also use that sig.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Thanks

And dont forget to tell a family member, co-worker, friend, neighbor, or a random person on the street!
    Last edited by Kasai; Nov 29, 2006 at 03:26 PM.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Cldmani may be famous one day Cldmani may be famous one day Cldmani's Avatar
    Thanks

Will do Kasai. I will do this just for you. Your better pay me back someday! (jk) <3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cldmani View Post
    Will do Kasai. I will do this just for you. Your better pay me back someday! (jk) <3
    Trust me, you're doing this for more than one person. Hopefully, someone get the hint and take the necessary precautions in safety for their life.
    Seduced by Flesh

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't know about this either thanks again for all the info. I'll let everyone know.

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

No one really knows where it came from but I hope one day we can finally get rid of it.
    Wear a RED RIBBON December the first!(Please)

Thanks

I was hoping more members here at AO would take interest in this event. I also posted this here because I know a lot of youth log onto these forums. Spreading the awareness to them is the key.
    Seduced by Flesh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast