+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Actors, their roles, and their psyche.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Actors, their roles, and their psyche.

Is psyche the right word??

Anyways, it's August so let's finish my summer series of lame threads with one last one. Several questions for this topic:

1) Do you agree when some people say that actors will sometimes have trouble "getting out of character" they just acted as in a movie or a television show?? If yes, do you think the amount of time spent acting as that character plays a factor?

2) When an actor/actress has a hell of a performance playing a different personality, is it just a sign of how good they can act or a hidden side of the actor/actress??

3) Do you think an actor/actress that takes a role in an overly violent or convincing horror film with end up with some sort of "dent" in their mind afterwards??

Well, there you go. Feel free to add any other thoughts you might have and don't limit yourself to just answering the two questions.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Actors, their roles, and their psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Is psyche the right word??

Anyways, it's August so let's finish my summer series of lame threads with one last one. Several questions for this topic:

1) Do you agree when some people say that actors will sometimes have trouble "getting out of character" they just acted as in a movie or a television show?? If yes, do you think the amount of time spent acting as that character plays a factor?

2) When an actor/actress has a hell of a performance playing a different personality, is it just a sign of how good they can act or a hidden side of the actor/actress??

3) Do you think an actor/actress that takes a role in an overly violent or convincing horror film with end up with some sort of "dent" in their mind afterwards??

Well, there you go. Feel free to add any other thoughts you might have and don't limit yourself to just answering the two questions.
    1) Some actors really do become their role during the making of the film and sometimes have problems because of that afterwards. Notable examples of such actors: Daniel Day Lewis, Joaquin Phoenix.
    Examples of problems: Joaquin Phoenix reportedly had to to get rid of a few addictions himself after completing his role as the notoriously addicted Johnny Cash.
    I don't know how much impact "time spent portraying a certain role" has.

2) I see it as a sign of how good they can act and how good the direction is.

3) No.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Actors, their roles, and their psyche.

1) I think it is probably a normal thing for an actor to get carried off itno a role and let certain traits of a character overlap into their lives. (not that it happens all the time.)

2) I would inagine that to play a role well, (esspecially one that is much different from the actors original personality) one might have to dig deep within themselves to find whats needed to play the part. With that said, I think is entirely possible for some roles to be an extention of that actors psyche (Some part that they may be surpressing in normal life. Or it may just be an inactive aspect of their personality in the real world.) But certainly not always... There are many ways to get into character. Im sure there are plenty of roles that don't require an actor to delve deep within.

3) I'm sure its possible... but I doubt its all too common. Many actors already have "dents". (Dont we all?) Thats what makes them so good.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread