+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Acts of Kindness

Newbie Xanosuke2 is off to a good start Xanosuke2's Avatar
    Thanks

Acts of Kindness

I know a lot of people have walked down the street, or driven down the road and saw the person with no home, hobo, or poor bum standing there begging for money. Half the time we don't know why they're there, or we do and just think it's their own fault. But how far would you go to help one out?

A lot of times when I'd be coming home from work there would be this one guy always sitting there at the exit ramp with his dog begging for some money with a sign that says he's hungry. Sometimes I would feel like I should stop and maybe help him out. But other times, I'll sit and think to myself "He's always there begging and I don't think he's once tried to do something other than beg." I have given $5 to one homeless person that came up to me randomly in the streets asking for money, only to see him head straight to a liquior store. So everytime I see that one homeless guy I'll also think that he'll just spend it on booze...

Erasing my past one bad memory at a time.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Acts of Kindness

Quote Originally Posted by Xanosuke2 View Post
    So everytime I see that one homeless guy I'll also think that he'll just spend it on booze...
    CORRECTO-MUNDO !

Homeless people that you see out on the streets are asking for money because one of two things:

A.) They're broke.

or B.) They want money to waste on drugs &or Alcohol.

Which is most likely? They're both 50/50! So, it's so hard to decide on whether to give them your money or not. Because you don't know what the hell they're going to do with it.

One time, this guy was standing in front of a Burger King, and I was leaving the drive-through. They had happened to give me an extra hamburger so I decided to give it to him. As I was leaving to go out onto the main road, I decided to check through my rear-view to see what the ol' man was going to do with it.

The guy looked in the bag, cursed it, and threw it away!!

He just wanted money so he could buy some freaking alcohol!

There are cruel, cruel people in this world just like that man.

Asking for money and taking my sandwich when I could have perfectly well given it to some other homeless person who was actually hungry.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    CORRECTO-MUNDO !

Homeless people that you see out on the streets are asking for money because one of two things:

A.) They're broke.

or B.) They want money to waste on drugs &or Alcohol.

Which is most likely? They're both 50/50! So, it's so hard to decide on whether to give them your money or not. Because you don't know what the hell they're going to do with it.

One time, this guy was standing in front of a Burger King, and I was leaving the drive-through. They had happened to give me an extra hamburger so I decided to give it to him. As I was leaving to go out onto the main road, I decided to check through my rear-view to see what the ol' man was going to do with it.

The guy looked in the bag, cursed it, and threw it away!!

He just wanted money so he could buy some freaking alcohol!

There are cruel, cruel people in this world just like that man.

Asking for money and taking my sandwich when I could have perfectly well given it to some other homeless person who was actually hungry.
    yes, but as an irishman, i know the effect that alcohol can have on some one who's been dry for a while. so if it will make the person happy to get some booze money,m then at least i brightened up some one's day. so this way i really don;t see why not? whether i help their cause or their curse, so long as i made them happy, i'm cool.
    Why hello there!

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    yes, but as an irishman, i know the effect that alcohol can have on some one who's been dry for a while. so if it will make the person happy to get some booze money,m then at least i brightened up some one's day. so this way i really don;t see why not? whether i help their cause or their curse, so long as i made them happy, i'm cool.
    Wow, what a unique way of looking at it. I guess I can understand what you mean. But I would feel guilty for whatever harm he caused himself with what I gave him. Is that a slefish thought?
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

if you live in america, most hobos and poor people are veterans from vetiman...im sure i spelled that wrong..but its not their fault. Its mostly the goverments for not funding them money after the war for medical, and money their owed from serving in the war. i help out when i can no matter what they want.

i agree with neodeath though, if they want the booze let them at it. Sometimes its the only thing that could make your life better. Americas the only country that actually feeds the homeless almost everyday while other countries barely survive on what they have. for one day out of the couple of months food is sent to their home.

if youve ever been to the vatican in rome though, people will fake being homeless or sick just to get money off of forgeiners. It can be funny, but its a horrible truth that people even if they are homeless may only want it for booze, or the like rather than helping themselves later when they may need it.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

well when i see someone who need money i give them and i don't care what they will do with this money .. when they come to me and they opening their hands asking for money i just feel their pain so i can't bear their sad look so i just give them what they want ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Newbie Xanosuke2 is off to a good start Xanosuke2's Avatar
    Thanks

Like I said, I try to help out. Though some of the homeless people I've come across aren't the old veteran people, most of the time it's middle aged people. I mean, sure it's nice helping them out and such I just think that sometimes just giving them money is giving them the easy way out of things. Sure it may seem nice, but the way the world is built, it's rough I know, but chances to make something of yourself comes all the time. There are numerous accounts of rag to riches stories. So seeing someone on the street begging for money I feel sorry for them and want to give...but when I think about it trying to get them back on their feet instead of giving them something they "want" instead of "NEED" seems like a much better way to help them. Sure the booze, or drugs, or small amount of food would cure their pain temporarly but how long can people really just get back on random acts of kindness without doing anything to improve themselves?

Erasing my past one bad memory at a time.

Newbie warrchief is off to a good start warrchief's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't give em a cent. They just spend it on Crack, if you give em food... they will try and sell it for dough.

Oh I see what you did there.

Isn't much of a buddhist anymore... I can't help eating meat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast