+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Acts of Kindness

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Acts of Kindness

Quote Originally Posted by warrchief View Post
    Don't give em a cent. They just spend it on Crack, if you give em food... they will try and sell it for dough.
    i have to agree with you on this one.... don't get me wrong... i'm not a heartless person... i just seem like one sometimes....

this one time i went to de the shoping instead of my mon -_-"

and i saw this old lady begging..... sure i gave her abbout 5$ in romanian currency.... then the person at the stall told me i shouldn't have gave her the money.... as i talked to that person a mercedes bens came and picked up that old lady.. O_o wonder who that could have been... any ideas ?
    My guess is that it was a guy that gets money from beggars and orphans and stuff.........
    and another thing... i heard beggars can get more than 1000$ a month

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warrchief View Post
    Don't give em a cent. They just spend it on Crack, if you give em food... they will try and sell it for dough.

i am with you in this too ... when i give someone money they look at the mony in their hands and say "what is this do you call this a money what i will do with this i can't buy a food with it" and then they look at me with strange looks and then i give them more money XD ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought a hobo a taco before... then he cried and ate it very slowly... I dont give them money. I give them food. if they're hungry enough, they'll eat it. after all, I hear some drugs make you hungry.
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

I try to help out too in a simple way.

We have this store near our school, 7-11. There were always kids there begging for food and money. My classmate and I pity them so much that we decided to give them something. We were suppose to give them money but then they just might buy drugs or something so instead we gave them biscuits. After that, we were both relief and happy about them.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think being kind to others is ok but it leaves you open to be took advatage of by those who prey on the helpful i bet everyone on AO has a story about how they were done wrong after helping someone , i think you should pick and choose who your kind to and be cold and heartless to everyone else so people with think twicw before taking advantage of you.

this just my thoughts on it but it dosnt hurt to know who your helping instead of helping every person you meet
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah its better to run into a fast food place grab a few burgers and fries a drink and just hand it to the homeless person. Another thing you could try is talking to them find out about their history. I talked to a homeless guy who was actually in the vietnam war and he got addicted to morphine i think it was, when he came back he was hooked. He started using other drugs and then the family disowned him i guess and yeah nice guy tho.

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

When it comes to homeless people, I have seen a lot of them in my area. There's one begging on the main roads, near the high ways and freeways, and even near the malls on a few occasions. In terms of how much I would do to assist a homeless person, it's not really expected of me to do something like that. It's not because I mean. For the record, I am actually a nice guy, but homeless people to me are just too lazy to work and take responsibility for their actions. I mean just because they are homeless doesn't mean they cannot work. In the movie with Pursuit to Happyness, starring Will Smith is about a guy who lost everything except his son. Even then he was able to prove himself and work as a stockbroker by hard work. That movie was even based on a true story. So I cannot really feel sorry for homeless people when they have the power to change their situation.

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuinta View Post
    When it comes to homeless people, I have seen a lot of them in my area. There's one begging on the main roads, near the high ways and freeways, and even near the malls on a few occasions. In terms of how much I would do to assist a homeless person, it's not really expected of me to do something like that. It's not because I mean. For the record, I am actually a nice guy, but homeless people to me are just too lazy to work and take responsibility for their actions. I mean just because they are homeless doesn't mean they cannot work. In the movie with Pursuit to Happyness, starring Will Smith is about a guy who lost everything except his son. Even then he was able to prove himself and work as a stockbroker by hard work. That movie was even based on a true story. So I cannot really feel sorry for homeless people when they have the power to change their situation.
    there is some dergee of truth of what you speak... but there is one slight problem.... who whould employ a homeless person... if hecomes in a shop/store/factory or whatever, with dirty clothes, full of piss stains and smels worse that the city dump ?

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast