+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Addiction..good or bad?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Addiction..good or bad?

For the most part I think addiction is bad. However if you're a rare person, who could be addicted to something that actually benifitial to their future. Like being addicted to home improvement, and working at home depot... that could work out quite well.
    ... Not Ever Again...

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

i wouldn't really say addiction is bad nor good because it depends on what a person is addicted to.
    However most people tend to sterotype those with addictions to do with drugs or just alcohol. Its possible to have addictions to healthy foods or an addiction to eat foods from a wide range. Addictions aren't bad as many view it, for they can in some cases be good as well.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't forget . . . sometimes, it is not an addiction, but a compulsion. I have OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), so most of my "addictions" are things I cannot control (with the exception of grammar ).

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Getting use to it all is like a addiction but not a drug thing you know? when your home you play game all day and the next and the next, drinking the same thing or eating the same is like a addiction because you never tried anything else then all of sudden when you do try something else then you have a urge to do it again. I try almost everything I hardly have a addiction except playing games.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am addicted to Anime Online. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Good because I get to meet new people and make friends, having a healthy relationship with others, working on my "social" skills.. And I get to talk about the things I love, such as anime and manga.

Bad because I'm on the internet 24/7 and it pisses my mom the hell off. And I'm not saying me in particular, but for some, it might also be hard for them to study and do what they need to do as well as keep busy on this site. It's addictive. Sometimes people cannot multitask, and doing things like this sidetrack them from reality. Priorities. That's what my mother says. "Get your priorities straight!" Now, I haven't had this problem with Anime Online, but in fact with other sites, such as *____* and *_____*. I do not go on those sites anymore because I realized myself that it was keeping me from doing my homework and house-hold chores.

Thankfully with AO, I know how to do many things while being active on this site.

So, sometimes addictions come with both goods AND bads. But I don't think there's ever a good addiction, or a bad addiction.

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

I really don't see how an addiction to any unimportant activity is good, including anime (I hate to say, because I am addicted). It can make you get behind in things that are more important. Trying to keep things in balance is always best IMO.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really see the actual addiction as good or bad. It is just a way of saying the person needs this to maintain their standard of living however good or bad that may be. What is good or bad is the source of the addiction and it's long term effects.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post
    U have heard...of many addiction..addiction to coffee,smoking,books...u name it...
    my question is just wat the title says...is addiction good or bad?
    stand up to ur choice,....

me? i just wanna watch where this goes but personally i'd say it's bad...
    wat of u?
    You don't even have a proper argument. *raises hands in despair*

Too much of anything is bad. If you're addicted to something, you end up getting too much of it, and that's bad. OR, if you don't get enough of it, you end up wanting it so much that... well, your priorities get totally messed up. Take being addicted to watching anime, for example. This becomes the central focus in your life. Nothing else matters as much as anime, not even your studies or religious obligations.

*shrugs*

IMO, there is no "good or bad". It's BAD all the way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast