+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Addiction..good or bad?

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Addiction..good or bad?

To everything in this world,i am quite certain that there are both good and bad effects to a certain thing and addicition is an example for this is what the thread is about.
    Addiction is a huge word.Yes it can be connected to stereotypes who have an influence to our lives such as smoking,drinking and gambling.These activities are detrimental to our health and wealth and is not recommended.However,there are good addictions such as training yourself in the martial arts,reading or drawing and many other activities that if you fall in addiction to can be a good thing.Hence addiciton is both good and bad.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Uh, I beg to differ. Having an interest in reading is one thing. But being addicted to reading....... that's another thing altogether. I have a friend who only ever wanted to read her sci-fi books - she'd finish a 400-page book in 1 or 2 nights, and then rush out to the bookstore to buy more. It took her a string of bad results for one semester to snap out of her addiction. It was no different with me and comic books a couple of years back. I kept buying manga and Archie comics by the dozen, reading them quickly and running out to buy more. Blearrrghh. NOT a good addiction.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Exactly. There are no good addictions. They always have a negative outcome in most cases. I was addicted to reading my manga books. I could never get my priorities straightened out. I knew that I was supposed to be doing my homework, and I knew that I was supposed to be doing my chores. But did I do them? No! I was always locked up in my room reading my manga books. I think that's the reason why my mom isn't too hot with the idea of me liking anime or manga. Because she thinks that it's always going to destroy what I think my priorities should be. I'm not like that anymore. But I was. And it wasn't a good addiction.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, i'm on this site a lot, but I still am doing good in school and go to work. School has always been easy for me though, so I don't really need to study much.

*I wouldn't say I'm addicted to this place though. After all, I wasn't on here for like a month and a half during november. I seemed to live ok, lol.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, I'm addicted to Anime Online. Pure addiction. It's both good, and bad.

Good, because I love this place, and love making new friends.
    Bad because my mother is always yelling at me, telling me to get my priorities straight. I guess I'm on here more than I think. Oh well.

Addictions aren't fatal.

But they are not good.

I mean, I'm not "Oh my god, oh my god!! AO, AO, AO!! Gimme Gimme!" lol.

I just like hanging around here.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Addiction..good or bad?

Well.... I am addicted to AO.... it is good 'cos I enjoy and this clears my brain and Takes the stress away... but it is bad 'cos sometimes I am more on AO than on my papers.... I finish them on time.... but I take more time doing them 'cos while I am on-line I am writting my papers....
    SHAME ON ME SHAME ON ME...........
    But I enjoy it though, and I think better if I am doing two or more stuff at the same time!!!!

Anyways...in general adictions are bad 'cos they make a slave of you.........
    but being addicted to AO is not bad.... that's the only one good
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie sindy_luffy is off to a good start sindy_luffy's Avatar
    Thanks

I proudly say i'm not addicted to anything. Though i played video games alot, reading manga alot...

If someone's addicted to something (unrealistic, most of the time), they're personality can change. This can be good or bad. If these changes turn out good (you can pick very good lesson from rpg game i think), then it's okay. But if it turns out bad...

Then, if you're really really addicted to something, You will lost most of your time...you can't 'see' the world. At least...
    Like, some mad scientist, they're so addicted with their works, and mostly they don't go out of their office...

so is it good? Or bad?
    If this addiction of yours brings you to hell, then it's bad! But if you're beginning to get better at everything (relationship, school, etc) then it's good. You get to choose. At least that's what i think.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Anyways...in general adictions are bad 'cos they make a slave of you......... but being addicted to AO is not bad.... that's the only one good
    Sigh, I beg to differ again.

I think you're all confusing plain interest and addiction. Being on AO does have its advantages, but once it starts to take center stage in your life, it becomes a bad thing. Because there are other better things you could be doing - studying, communing with friends, etc - but you're on AO instead. Not good, IMO... unless you have 24 hours a day to waste for the next 5 months, like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Exactly. There are no good addictions. They always have a negative outcome in most cases. I was addicted to reading my manga books. I could never get my priorities straightened out. I knew that I was supposed to be doing my homework, and I knew that I was supposed to be doing my chores. I think that's the reason why my mom isn't too hot with the idea of me liking anime or manga. Because she thinks that it's always going to destroy what I think my priorities should be. I'm not like that anymore. But I was. And it wasn't a good addiction.
    True. I heard of a girl who, after overcoming her addiction to manga, threw all her comic books away there wouldn't be a... relapse, so to speak. I think it was really brave of her to do that. I would never be able to bring myself to dispose of all my comic books, even if I heard a sermon on casting everything aside so I can carry my cross for the Lord (errr, sorry, Christian stuff - are you Christian?). Which just goes to show that my addiction isn't really up yet, but it's lessened considerably. I still re-read old volumes a lot. It's crazy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast