+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Addiction..good or bad?

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Addiction..good or bad?

Well... addiction can't be considered bad or good (the order's mixed-up, LOL!). It actually depends on how the person can handle and/or control his/her addiction to one thing. For example, I'm addicted to using the internet, day-in and day-out. Yet, I can maintain my grades well, but at the same time still have the addiction to the internet!

But, then again, if you're talking about addiction to cigarettes, drugs, caffeine, or anything harmful to your body, that's when addiction turns bad. A small dose is fine... but I've heard a small dose can get you addicted, too. So, partly, addiction is more to the "bad" side.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends what kind of addiction you have; there are many addictions that are good and others that are bad.

I used to be addicted to video games and AO. It took me a while to get over it though. Video games had been my crack for about 10 years. I stopped playing video games when my PS2 broke. AO became my crack in 2005, in 2007 i kinda stopped coming because i have better stuff to do now. However i still come here; two times a week, sometimes i don't show up for a month.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Addiction is both good and bad.
    Good because it makes you competative and you try hard/er, you are fully dedicated towards your work and won't let anything get between your motives.
    Bad because of the reasons already mentione >.>;

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    True. I heard of a girl who, after overcoming her addiction to manga, threw all her comic books away there wouldn't be a... relapse, so to speak. I think it was really brave of her to do that. I would never be able to bring myself to dispose of all my comic books, even if I heard a sermon on casting everything aside so I can carry my cross for the Lord (errr, sorry, Christian stuff - are you Christian?). Which just goes to show that my addiction isn't really up yet, but it's lessened considerably. I still re-read old volumes a lot. It's crazy.
    Yes I am christian. But it's all right.. I could not bring myself to dispose of my manga books either. That's horrible. Those graphic novels are precious to me. One time, my mom took them away from me for about eight months because I wouldn't listen to her, and I'd just read away at my manga books. I almost went crazy for the first couple of months. But after a while, I got over it. And now I continue to re-read them. Addictions never have good consequences. Which is why it's always best to try and get over them.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Yes I am christian. But it's all right.. I could not bring myself to dispose of my manga books either. That's horrible. Those graphic novels are precious to me. One time, my mom took them away from me for about eight months because I wouldn't listen to her, and I'd just read away at my manga books. I almost went crazy for the first couple of months. But after a while, I got over it. And now I continue to re-read them. Addictions never have good consequences. Which is why it's always best to try and get over them.
    Hey am addicted to games and I can't stay away from those, including watching someone other playing games, though its quite embarrasing if someone saw all those comics in your room, but who cares eh?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Are you kidding me? They can go jump off a cliff for all I care. The graphic novels are mine, and mine alone. Most of my friends know I'm addicted to anime, so it wouldn't really bother them. But no, it wouldn't be embarrassing.

I am addicted to AO, though. My friends know that very well, lol.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here but what am really addicted to is this game called star craft, I mean I can go on internet and battle with some marines or some other alien looking monsters lol.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Why should it be embarrassing if someone saw comics in my room? I personally don't think there's anything to be embarrassed about. I have anime/game posters plastered on all four walls and people entering for the first time certainly are surprised, but I'm not embarrassed.

Game addictions are the worst. I'm glad my FF and DotA days are over... for now. In a sense, I'm glad I can't buy a PS3 because then I won't be spending hours playing Final Fantasy XIII when I should be studying. If I really want to play I can always borrow someone else's PS3, or help a friend play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast