+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Virginia Tech tragedy, possible backlash?

Otaku Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: After the Virginia Tech tragedy, possible backlash?

There will be stupid people that will be angry towards Asians..not just Koreans. I know for the most part people can't even tell Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnames apart so there will be comments said towards all of them. I highly doubt there will be a large number of backlashes on Asians though. Probably just a small stupid handfull. This attack wasn't just on Americans..it was against people in genernal unlike 9/11 and it wasn't on such a large scale that hurt our economy. While it is a big deal I'm sure most know it was just this crazed individual who didn't plot out an attack with his countrymen. He took the life of our old high school friend Austin Cloyd and I know I have no resent towards Asians in the least...just strictly against that stupid boy.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Of course this city will eventually overcome the troubles that are now happening, but obviosly, it will not happen any time soon. So many family members and friends were loss in the massacre, so it's only natural that there's going to be a certain amount of time needed for everyone to get over it.

As for the animosity against Asians.. I'm pretty sure that not many people are going to hvae strong negative feelings towards them, seeing as how not many crimes such as these have been caused in the US by Asians. Everyone knows that this man was a psychotic freak who had troubles within himself.. so I don't think this will cause something as big as people discriminating against them, or whatnot. Yes people will wonder here and then .. but suspicion is only natural.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrail View Post
    When has racism or any sort of race inspired discrimination been logical?
    The reactions against muslims and people of middle eastern heritage after 911 was very logical. The organization behind it as well as the hijacking group consisted of almost only people of middle eastern descent. Hence it makes sense that they would be targetted. Just because something is morally wrong doesn't mean it's illogical.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_Vegeta View Post
    The reactions against muslims and people of middle eastern heritage after 911 was very logical. The organization behind it as well as the hijacking group consisted of almost only people of middle eastern descent. Hence it makes sense that they would be targetted. Just because something is morally wrong doesn't mean it's illogical.
    Indeed, racism has been around since the first time races met (and that's a loooooong) time ago. We fear all that's different, don't forget that.

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know ...
    I think if there is backlash it will only be by very few people
    this wasnt a crime commited by terrorist
    there was only one person and it happend because he had mental/emotional problems not because of his race
    that could have just as easily been a hispanic, white or black person
    to lay the blame on asians would be rediculous and I serious hope that the people down there and everywhere else are smarter than that ....
    but I know there will probably be one or two people maybe even more
    that will let fear and paranoia overcome them and act out without thinking ...

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

I seriously doubt there is going to be backlash against Koreans or the asian community in general. Heck I am half korean and there are alot of asians who work at my job and we sure aren't getting any odd looks. It was just one individual who unfortunetly took the extreme route and decided to kill people along with himself. In this situation its more why he didn't it then what specific race he is. Sigh I bet there will be a new crack down on guns and of course you know politicians love to blame violence in video games. Hm I bet there have been alot of crimes caused by asians but you won't always hear about it. And remember American news is censored and they love to blame blacks, whites, and mexicans for everything bleh.

Newbie VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think there will be a backlash. If there is it will be minimal and most likely secluded to the area. I live in the surrounding area where it happened and right now everyone is just shocked about what happened since many people here have friends and family that goto school there. I think comparing it to 9/11 is like apples and oranges. Also, in America, there was already a slight stigma against Arabs and Muslims.m

My Blog - It's Not Your Space - ym/aim: RaiserOfGales msn: RaiserOfGales @ hotmail.com

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic_gurl_1027 View Post
    That was so horrible ... the number of students and teachers who died ... how horrible ... how could someone do that?? T_T
    Please try to stay on topic, if you wish to discuss the event itself, you might want to do so in this thread: Deadliest school shooting in US history

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast