+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Age To Choose

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Age To Choose

Ok this is a really important question I need help with. I can not find it anywhere online and it's need to know asap. What is the age that you are allowed to choose which parent you want to live with? I thought it was 13 but I'm not sure. Does anyone else know the age you have to be?

In advance sorry about this thread but I've been searching hours for the answer.
    Last edited by Ky-lyrra; Feb 06, 2007 at 05:36 AM.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Newbie The bouncer is off to a good start The bouncer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Age To Choose

Tough question but really I think its atleast between 16 and 18 (of course 18 but still) sorry I can't give u and exact answer hope your sis's problems get sorted out
    Last edited by The bouncer; Feb 05, 2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    What are you addicted to?

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

You legally turn into an adult at 18 years of age. Before you turn 18, you need a court order to become emancipated from parental supervision. The other side is- if the parent allows the child to live with another guardian. But it's the parents choice.

If there's physical abuse , I say contact the police and get a court order. (MY OPINION) If one is so young, the worst they can do is have a relative take custody, or someone who is set up for it.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

For Florida you have to be 13 to chose who you want to live with. Sinistra looked it up for me.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

untill u turn 18... ur parents own u... they have legal power over u... they represent u... and can do wut ever they want with u(without breaking the law ofcource).... so Im guessing 18... unless ur parents give u the concent to live with another person... or another possibility could be that u get emancipated.... or some legal stuff like that...
    <<<< EDIT >>>>>
    wait I forgot the case that ur parents r divorced... then you could choose bewteen mom and dad.... depending on wut the court says
    Last edited by jaam0927; Feb 05, 2007 at 11:07 PM.
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't mean to be a smartass. But how come Sinistra could look it up and find the answer and you couldn't. I just find it weird for some reason.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Most likely, the age of majority in your state is 18, and if your sister leaves home before that, she can be forced to return to your parents' custody. If your sister is really being treated badly, i.e. abused or neglected, you should have social services investigate, in which case she could be placed with another relative or put in foster care.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends,

if you are going to live with a relative, then theres no age i suppose. As for trying to go and live out on your own, you of course need a job and money to up keep the rent XD.
    Iy also depends on what the definition of "treated badly" you go by (no need to explain, im just shouting hypos here)/ there was some sort of physical abuse then yes its possible to be taken care of by an organization. But if there is just an arguement amoung the child and parents and then its possible its the child who needs to better understand why the parents make the decisions they make(in other words, fammily counciling)

legal age to drop out school (where im from) : 16
    Legal Age(government wise) ; 18
    My guess at a general idea : 18

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast