+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Age To Choose

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Age To Choose

Legal age to be called an adult is what you are really looking for. No government is going to let a kid move away from guardian care.

Putting the law aside, I think it depends on the individual. I have seen 13 year-olds that are more mature than 30 year olds.

However, at the age of 13, your personality is still developing, and so if you do move out, it should be into a new place of love and stability.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I believe the legal term you should look for is 'Emancipation of Minors'. And for this one, it helps if you know a real good lawyer for this...

Emancipation of Minors - All US States
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok well what I'm saying is if your 13 and that parent that your living with is kinda treating you badly and you don't want to live with that one you want to move into the other parent. I know the court asks who you want to live with so I'm just wondering how old the child has to be for the court to ask who they want to live with?

Shodokan the reason he found it was because of the fact he found sites you didn't have to pay for.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

At the age of 16 or older you can choose because you have right's you are a civilan, and do what you can to make things better. If I wanted to move out of the house I would have done it by the time my birthday hit, but I stayed, why? because am not good enough to learn thing's on my own yet.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well I have no idea where you are, but here it's 16, you can get youth allowence ( if your still studying) and in some cases rent assistance. You have to prove that you are independant from your parents before they give you a cent, which usually involves the parent stating that your independant
    (so you'd have to hope that yor parents are letting you move out).

But then, i'm in a totally different country XD

13 seems really young though to be allowed to move out, but I guess you will just have to find out the laws in your state/country

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

In most states it's 18 for you to be a legal adult. But in Texas you legally able to be kicked out or move out at 17. But it differs with the state..

Newbie SgurdEkoms may be famous one day SgurdEkoms may be famous one day SgurdEkoms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Ok well what I'm saying is if your 13 and that parent that your living with is kinda treating you badly and you don't want to live with that one you want to move into the other parent. I know the court asks who you want to live with so I'm just wondering how old the child has to be for the court to ask who they want to live with?

Shodokan the reason he found it was because of the fact he found sites you didn't have to pay for.

Find something to defend yourself with. Anything such as a kitchen knife, baseball bat, anything in daddies shed that would hurt and hopefully paralyze him. Of course a gun would do the job with assurance.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it depends on what state you live in. Like here in Minnesota, you can choose at about 12 or 13, but you can't have too much say in the situation, because the parents have more say in this state than the kids do. Plus, this state doesn't like to hear squabbles over custody and what not between parents and kids alike. So most of the time the state will just make the decision for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast