+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Age To Choose

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Age To Choose

What state is this happening in? You may be able to find the answer your seeking on that state's website.

Has their already been a legal court battle for custody? If there is then you should just have the other parent have their lawyer partition the courts again. I've heard that judges will allow a minor child to decide which parent they want to live with as young as the age of 12 (here in Utah - I think it varies by state). If the custody battle is over (or never happened) and the parent the child wants to move away from has custody then there can be a problem.

Perhaps this website will help. It's pretty general and basic but at the same time it just may be the key you need.

How decisions about child custody are made.

I don't think she's talking about emancipation, but just living with the other parent. Perhaps this link will help:

Newbie Lowshuwa is off to a good start Lowshuwa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Age To Choose

I had this problem when my parents split up, It was my dad, my mum and one older brother on two older sisters, My mum left but took me with here and my older siblings stayed with my dad, my mum found a different guy they got married and I had a step dad I had to change my last name but if I didn't he wouldn't give me the support I needed me my mum and my step sister (well in my family we see each other as 100% related, sibling wise) and step dad stay in contact with my siblings but only me and my older brother and two older sisters still stay in contact with my real dad.

anyway, I don't remember going to cought to choose I belive it's 16 to 18, I'm not sure to be honest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3