+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All up in the Kool-Aid... (Butting into someone elses conversations)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

All up in the Kool-Aid... (Butting into someone elses conversations)

...And don't know which flavor it is!!!
    Now, I don't usually have this happen to me very often, but when it does; OHH MAN, does it ever piss me off!

I'm talkin' about those people who decide it's perfectly fine to go all up in somebody's business without even knowing what's happened, what's going on or when it started. Those people who'll try to tell you what's wrong and what's right. It could be related to anything. For example:

Let's say that Bratling and I were having a conversation about ramen and one of us brings up those little pointy, spiral things called naruto, which are usually found in ramen. Now some anti-Naruto fanboy happens to walk by and say something like, "You watch Naruto? You're a loser!" Then rants about why he thinks that Naruto should not be watched. It's kind of a dumb example, but you get my point.

Now most of the time when these instances occur, it's regarding a personal matter. Matters that only my friends and family would hear about. Yet, some stranger thinks it's his/her place to stir up your pot without knowin' what you're cookin'! What do you do in these situations? Do you try to handle with care, put on the kid gloves? Do you handle the matter tactfully? Or, do you just go off?

I'm one to handle with tact, but I go off (without being out of pocket, if you smell what I'm sizzlin'). I don't appreciate others tryin' to worm their way in to other folk's lives, so I tell them, "You don't know me!" Then I rant about how rude I think it is. >_<

What about you? "Hey, Kool-Aid!!"

"Oh Yeah!!" ^_^
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Aug 04, 2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Please use a font color that can ACTUALLY be read by human beings?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: All up in the Kool-Aid... (Butting into someone elses conversations)

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    For example:

Let's say that Bratling and I were having a conversation about ramen and one of us brings up those little pointy, spiral things called naruto, which are usually found in ramen. Now some anti-Naruto fanboy happens to walk by and say something like, "You watch Naruto? You're a loser!" Then rants about why he thinks that Naruto should not be watched. It's kind of a dumb example, but you get my point.

^_^
    I sure hope that example was an actual situation you were in. If not, that was the most random example ever.

I think my reaction to "dippers" (as I like to call them), depends on WHO is dipping. How they're dipping. And, In what conversation they're dipping in.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Newbie Xanosuke2 is off to a good start Xanosuke2's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of the time when someone takes it into their own hands to solve the conversation I'm having with someone they don't have any effect on, or myself, I'll usually try my best not to be rude if I can. Sometimes, the idiot that decides to jump in won't take hints to get out of my conversation so then I'd have to inform them that this has nothing to do with them, nor did it need their enlighted thought. But most of the times they leave when me and who I'm talking to give them a look of "WTF do you want? >.>"

Erasing my past one bad memory at a time.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    I sure hope that example was an actual situation you were in. If not, that was the most random example ever.

I think my reaction to "dippers" (as I like to call them), depends on WHO is dipping. How they're dipping. And, In what conversation they're dipping in.
    Yeah, that example was totally made up. Here's a good one (that I come across all the time). Now Peach, you and I have had our fall-outs, our conflicts, whatever. Like when I used to complain about not seeing J-Frog all too often, or when I bitch about Anoka County.

Now when I talk to someone that I usually find is trustworthy and will give me great advice--because they know what I've been through--that's cool. But when someone walks in, only to catch the butt end of the conversation... OMG!! How rude can you be??? Yeah, let's all jump in people's conversations and make look like a**-holes!!!

It happens all the time... I'll talk to someone I know won't try to judge me, or criticize me because they've been listening the whole time. Now, someone will walk in the room, or jump in my conversation via internet and only listen to/read the last few sentences of my griping or the other person's advice-giving. Then they say, "Oh, Sprout! You're a horrible man, you're a bad father, you should be ashamed! I know your mother is!" IT'S ALWAYS WITH THE MOTHERS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! My mother has nothing to do with my life or my struggle. In fact, my mother is like the bird shoving it's chicks out the nest; "you're on your own, kid." So why do people assume it's okay to THINK they know me and my mother, or my son's mother for that reason?? (For the record to all you haters, I happen to be a good dad!)

Oh, then there are people who will just jump in your conversation, just to feel valid, or like they've made they're contribution to making the earth a better place by pissing off its inhabitants. "Hey, Amber, did you watch that news segment about sheep?" "Yeah, it was pretty cool!" Then the idiot jumps in, "People who watch the news are brainwashed by the government." (another random example, sorry I suck at these things)

But you get my point. I wanna just kick those people with a Chuck Norris Roundhouse!!!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Simmer down....

I take it you recently had a bad encounter with someone in your business?

Either way, all I meant was...

If its just a nosey person who wants to start drama. Or a jerk who just wants to add their 2 cents ... I'm more likely to be blunt, and inconsiderate about how I react. With the goal of them leaving me alone.

But what if its a senile old lady? What if she's butting into your conversation because she has no friends? Or because she has Alshiemers and she thinks you're her grandson? Or because you were talking about strip joints and she used to be a berlesque dancer in her day......... I'm being dramatic of course... But sometimes you can't be rude.... All you can do is nod and smile.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Aug 04, 2008 at 05:24 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Simmer down....

I take it you recently had a bad encounter with someone in your business?

Either way, all I meant was...

If its just a nosey person who wants to start drama. Or a jerk who just wants to add their 2 cents ... I'm more likely to be blunt, and inconsiderate about how I react. With the goal of them leaving me alone.

But what if its a senile old lady? What if she's butting into your conversation because she has no friends? Or because she has Alsiemers and she thinks you're her grandson? Or because you were talking about strip joints and she used to be a berlesque dancer in her day......... I'm being dramatic of course... But sometimes you can't be rude.... All you can do is nod and smile.
    Well, I try not to be rude, y'know? But sometimes, sh*t happens. Were it an old lady, I'd probably just politely comment and walk away. I've got respect for my elders. But people who are near my age or younger can get the short end of the stick from me. Their parents should've raised them better.

They don't know me and when people who don't know me butt in my personal life, I don't wanna know them. All they are is trouble and I let that be known with haste. I mean what would you do if you and Quelude were havin' a conversation and someone just walks in and said, "You're a bad friend/mother,"? I would snap the f*ck off the branch! It's the most rude thing you can do. Acting like you know everything about everyone, just so you can put your two cents in a bank that doesn't want your money is not how you gain anything in life and you sure as hell don't gain friends that way.

And, yes. It was fairly recent that this went on.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

This happens to me often when I open my mouth to talk to my friends. Some one always butts in to criticize what I say or to come over to tell me that they agree. I just sit there thinking to my self... Who the hell are you?! If it’s an elder I will listen even though I have no idea who they are, but I do it to be respectful and polite, even what they say contradicts or on the off chance has nothing to do what was being talked about. Now for the younger generation of people I am externally short with, and by younger I mean teens and people in there early to late twenties as if they are going to interrupt me and butt in they better have a damn good reason to and their two cense better be pretty damn shiny pennies. I will listen to what they have to say and be polite and respectfull and at the end I will tell them flat out "Well nice to meet you and all that but I got to go." But if it continues I will make them look like a complete and total idiot that they are. I annoy easily so if they continue to persist on being the amazing talking ass I will snap at them and be very harsh until they get the fact I want them to go the hell away.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    This happens to me often when I open my mouth to talk to my friends. Some one always butts in to criticize what I say or to come over to tell me that they agree. I just sit there thinking to my self... Who the hell are you?! If it’s an elder I will listen even though I have no idea who they are, but I do it to be respectful and polite, even what they say contradicts or on the off chance has nothing to do what was being talked about. Now for the younger generation of people I am externally short with, and by younger I mean teens and people in there early to late twenties as if they are going to interrupt me and butt in they better have a damn good reason to and their two cense better be pretty damn shiny pennies. I will listen to what they have to say and be polite and respectfull and at the end I will tell them flat out "Well nice to meet you and all that but I got to go." But if it continues I will make them look like a complete and total idiot that they are. I annoy easily so if they continue to persist on being the amazing talking ass I will snap at them and be very harsh until they get the fact I want them to go the hell away.

Shiny pennies!! I love that!!

I don't like when young people think they have the right to just jump in to any conversation they please. When I was younger, my parents or any other adult for that matter would tell me, "This is grown folk's business, GTF outta here!" I learned quickly at a young age to keep to myself regarding things that don't involve me. I can't understand why young people (especially teenagers) can't see it that way. I know I'm only 28, I'm still "young" compared to most people; but DAMN! I know when to keep my trap shut.

If you're gonna add to the conversation, you better be able to swallow that two cents and sh*t out a dollar, dammit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast