+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Allergies?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Allergies?

You must not know a lot of people with allergies, in that case. There are things in certain foods that some people's bodies just don't like.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I've talked to people with food allergies. They say it makes them sick and they can't eat it. I just don't understand why. It's not like being allergic to dog's or polland.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I've talked to people with food allergies. They say it makes them sick and they can't eat it. I just don't understand why. It's not like being allergic to dog's or polland.
    Well there's a lot of food (especially seafood) that while it is harmless to most of us, there are chemicals (or poison) in them that some folks body cannot handle. Most of the time it is genetics, but there are times when the food is not decontaminated properly.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm really allergic to trees like dogwood and cottonwood. Though there are times when I sneeze for no reason..

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I developed allergies to apples and plums as I got older. And it's very upsetting because sometimes the acid, or whatever is in the fruits, is in other fruits..and so I cannot eat those either. It makes my gums itch all over..sometimes even swell. It sucks. My allergies towards pollun is fine. I just avoid going outside most of the time during spring. And when I do go out, I always have my eyedrops with me.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I am allergic to animal dander and smoke (cigarette smoke in particular). I deal with the animal dander by just trying not to spend too much time with animals for more than an hour or so or I take allergy medicine before hand. Also, I have to keep my own pets outside.

As for cigarette smoke, I just either cover my face with my hand, breath through my mouth (though the taste is about as bad), or simply get away.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Well there's a lot of food (especially seafood) that while it is harmless to most of us, there are chemicals (or poison) in them that some folks body cannot handle. Most of the time it is genetics, but there are times when the food is not decontaminated properly.
    LOL, and I thought that's what I just told him.

@ Shodokan: Sometimes people just get sick; some have more serious allergies, and when they attempt to eat things that they're allergic to, what happens is the trachea sort of closes up to stop the food from going down, and they end up not being able to breathe. People have actually died because of that. Ever wondered why some people choke on chilli? Works the same way, except it's not necessarily always an allergy.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

My allergies include dust (ordinary dust, chalk dust, etc.), pollen and believe it or not, the sunlight...

Dust and pollen causes me to sneeze uncontrollably, making my nose and eyes hurt to the point that I wil have a hard time seeing things. It is very uncomfortable. With dust, I just have to avoid dusty places or cover my nose but with pollen, it's not very easy to avoid. Pollen is everywhere here every time the rainy season arrives, so I can't do anything to fight against it but accept my body reaction.

Sunlight causes weird rashes on my skin, and long exposure hurts my face and back (like prickling needles, but I think this is more due to the acne). Because of this, I have to carry around a black umbrella ALL THE TIME. I can't rely on sunblocks, because they tend to make my already oily skin oilier.

I might have other allergies I have yet to discover... This is all I know for now...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast