+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Fuels

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Re: Alternate Fuels

I recently watched this documentary on Earth day.. and they were airing this show about new source or fuel for cars and vehicles... which is now being run in small size all over the world... and some still in research...

In one of it.. they thought of using cars as a source of energy instead of using energy to move cars... Imagine the quantity of the cars and the amount of energy used everyday for just a day... and immagine if the energy can be channelled and turned into electric per say.... car users can pay their electric bills by just connecting thier car to the electric socket in their house and let the organization take the energy produced by it then distribute to the country... @.@ much safer... cleaner and quite effiecient way of getting energy na? (what i mean here is by turning Kinetic energy into electricity or other means of collecting energy by using kinetic energy or a car)

As for moving the cars.. other means of energy can be used.. for example are Hydrogen fueled cars... Bio fueled cars... Solar energy and ect ect.... These are all renewable and much cleaner for the environtment in many aspects... ^^

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I forget which it is, but there's a plant that they can extract petrol from. I read it in a science book that came out in the early 80s. I can't remember the details though. That was a looong time ago.

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Thanks

umm my.. o.O thats kinda unbelievable.. a type of plant that can extract petrol... gee.. but i doubt it will be in high quantity.. if it even exists that is... oh well... i wont believe it unless you have a very good prove on it except saying that you read from a book long time ago... you might have mixed your imaginations or something

But... this is the real one... Do you guys know about fotosintensis? Yea... the process where plant change light + water + CO2 + minerals = O2 + glucose... Well... There are scientist in the process thought of that they would separate O2 and Hidrogen from water by using a technique with the same principal... and it uses sunlight... this hidrogen will then be used to fuel cars... Still under studies now ... ^^

I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Thanks

Actually, it was in a group of books put out by National Geographic. The energy companies never followed through with the process. The cost was too much, I guess.
    There is another plant choking some of the shipping lanes of the Gulf of Mexico which apparently has learned how to use the oil and the like given off by the ships as a food source. Scientists are currently looking into seeing if they could get energy from that plant.

Thanks

That is interesting indeed... ^^ I think plants could do and produce more energy... it have been around us... supporting us for such a long time and most people don't even understand or appreciate what good the plants have given instead some people had to be selfish and use whats on Earth in big quantities...it is dying right now..

So.. i believe the use of petroleum for energy source should be stopped as quick as possible... Since the scientist have found many other energy sources... why not use that in bigger quantities? Its safer... and cleaner... efficient... money wise for long term period... durable.. renewable... gee.. just what the Earth could use...

I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Thanks

Now that I'm thinking about it, the petroleum plants produced an organic form of petroleum that didn't give off the massive amounts of carbon dioxide or other hazardous chemicals when burned.
    I too believe that we need to take a closer look at plants. Scientists have found hundreds of plants that could theoretically be used for energy and some believe that there are still more that haven't been looked at.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster331 View Post
    I forget which it is, but there's a plant that they can extract petrol from. I read it in a science book that came out in the early 80s. I can't remember the details though. That was a looong time ago.
    I remember hearing about that myself. Let me see what I can find.

Biofuels -- The Second Generation: New Technology Foresees Trees, not Grain, in the Tank

Evidently it is the same technology that makes the coal to fuel possible, early non coal experiments were done with rapeseed I believe. Now they are discussing using "willows and other fast-growing trees" that don't compete with food crops.

Fischer-Tropsch process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The process costs about $50 per barrel last I heard which is why it wasn't followed through before but with current costs it is looking better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    The intermittency of wind seldom creates insurmountable problems when using wind power to supply a low proportion of total demand, but it presents extra costs when wind is to be used for a large fraction of demand.
    ... and that is the problem right there. It works great for individual mechanisms but for general electricity it has a low yield per acre when compared with other fuel sources and it's peak yield is at morning and evening when demand is at the lowest. It works ok for supplemental energy in areas that get a constant wind just don't depend on it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

gamemaster331 (May 06, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I am very surprised that no one has brought up Hydrogen power and that it was barely even mentioned. I don’t know much about it but a friend of mine here at work has been running Hydrogen powered jeep and gets the same gas mileage now as my focus which is close to 30 miles a gallon. That’s close to 50% more then he was getting before. Also Hydrogen has the benefit of also cleaning the engine as it is being run through the system. He says the problem with it is not so much the lack of power but rather too much power. Wearing down some areas of his engine and thus had to swap out a few parts that was really cheap and now he has no problem with it. One of the add on's I believe he said is that it needs a container to collect the moisture from the water vapors but that in its self is cheap and easy to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast