+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Alternate Fuels

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Alternate Fuels

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster331 View Post
    I agree with LenMiyata about cutting down on fuel consumption. I've seen alot of people around here get in their cars just to go around the block to one of the fast food places or Rite Aid. And that's in really good weather. I personally walk if I have to go that short of distance. Then again, I tend to walk most places.
    I also think we need to look into magnetic power. Especially for trains. And build more monorails, there aren't any here, for public transportation. The initial cost would be high, but in the long run, wed be saving both energy and money, especially if we're using alternative sources.
    We are really faced with 2 options that would solve the gas problem (unless there is one I am not considering). Either find a way to reduce the dependence that the U.S. currently has on gasoline by offering a transportation option that is not powered by a fossil fuel or find an alternate fuel that is renewable that can replace gasoline and diesel fuel.

Yes, persuading people to cut down on fuel consumption is a good idea or just getting people from being so dependent on cars. The prices on gas in the U.S. are nothing when compared to Europe (it’s about 3 to 4 dollars a gallon in the US but over 10 dollars in Europe). Europe doesn’t have such a big problem with gas prices, though, because they are not as gas dependent as the U.S. due to the fact that they have more access to transportation that is not dependent on a fossil fuel.

If the government were to make an extensive monorail system through out the U.S. then I would be willing to bet that fuel consumption and car usage would go down. Main reason being that it would be another transportation option for long distance trips so families wouldn’t be restricted on only being able to choose either between driving a car or riding a plane (two options that both use up fuel). Overall the need for cars would be greatly reduced.

Creating a monorail system through out the country as you said would cost a lot of money which might not have been a problem if not for the fact that we are in extreme debt (up to 9 trillion now) at the moment and would take years upon years to complete.

This is probably why the government has focused mainly on finding alternate fuels. Finding a usable, renewable alternate fuel source is the “easier and cheaper solution” to the gas crisis to say the least.

It's really a viable reason at this point in time to go with the easier and cheaper solution as well. Until the U.S. has reduced the debt, the country should avoid big money projects the best it can in my opinion.

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Re: Alternate Fuels

This is probably why the government has focused mainly on finding alternate fuels. Finding a usable, renewable alternate fuel source is the “easier and cheaper solution” to the gas crisis to say the least.
    They found them lots of them... the only problem now we are facing is using it in commercial size :/ it is true people still use petroleum now... not many changed to use other means of electricity and also to change all of that at one time would be hard and a lot of money would be needed... :/ but it must be done quickly...

Other than that is to create better machines compatible with the fuel and energy or produce something to harness the energy more efficiently... ^^

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5