+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anime Was Banned

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Was Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Vaine View Post
    My evil step dad for no reason just told me that I am no longer allowed to watch anime or allowed to learn about Japan's culture and I'm also no longer allowed to learn the languege. so I need a little help. do you think I should give it up or continue to learn about their awesomeness?
    Well, he says its bad for my mind... I... the only anime I would watch is Death Note and Bleach. I was getting into some other ones but I wan't a huge fan. I dunno why he's like that. to be honest, he doesn't like me enjoying things that he thinks are stupid. even if it's for my education. and I tried talking to my mom but she says she doesn't want to be in the middle of it all. so, I'm in a horribal situation.
    Did you know we have the same birthday? Which means you are turning 16?

I am going to give you some advice that might not go over to well with some people. Do as he says, respectfully. Whether you like it or not he is your "father" and has the right to make that decision while you live in his home. If all you have been watching is Death Note and Bleach it is easy to see how he might think that way. Arguing with him won't help your case and may make it worse. If you show respect for his decision then later he will be more open to trying again with anime that you know wouldn't be offensive to his values. If you sneak around his back however you risk making his alienation of anime permanent by it's association to your actions.

Now the key to that is "while you live in his home". When you go to college you can take Japanese for your language credit and join an anime club. Being home schooled that may come sooner rather then later. The people I knew who home schooled started college between 16-17 instead of 18. When were you planning on going?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

As Arrianna said, do as he says respectfully but it wouldnt hurt to ask why he doesnt want you to watch it. Theres no harm in asking if its just to see where he is comming from. If he says its just stupid then that in its self is a stupid respons and reason but again fallow your step dads wishes respectfully and as soon as you move out you can do as you wish.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Forgive me for asking but, your white right?, if anyway case, I guess everybody has a right to learn what they like best. So pretty much that choice is yours to make my friend, if somebody wants to learn about japanese culture and it ain't their culture, then I would have to guess its nice to know another culture, but your father banning you from this? wow that is harsh. I don't think thats good parenting, so its your choice man. give it up, or continue learning something you want to know about.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

My step dad thinks that everyone sucks except for white people.
    I think this is probably why he doesn't want you to watch it. I bet he wouldn't like you watching a all black sitcom on TV either.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh I missed that comment. Then he is just a blind, deaf, dumb, bigot jack ass.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

My evil step dad for no reason just told me that I am no longer allowed to watch anime or allowed to learn about Japan's culture and I'm also no longer allowed to learn the languege. so I need a little help. do you think I should give it up or continue to learn about their awesomeness?
    And this is exactly why we can't have nice things.

First of all, is he a religious man. I mean most religious people are brainwashed to believe that certain things are the works of the devil and many other nonsensical crap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    And this is exactly why we can't have nice things.

First of all, is he a religious man. I mean most religious people are brainwashed to believe that certain things are the works of the devil and many other nonsensical crap.
    Now thats harsh not to mention incorrect. All though I will agree that a lot are that way and are hypocrits to their faith but not most. It sounds like he is more of a racist then anthing else. Still not a good guy how ever. I can't stand racist!!

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Scourge and agree with Ketaro, am not taking sides in this subject, though am assuming if he is racist, and religious, don't that make him the devil?, this is like watching a version of 'The Waterboy', the mama is religious I think, and think everything is the devil, I was him I would ask why, it'll probably lead into a big arguments, but at least the debate team on the kid side will win LOL. But in my debate, based on the fathers actions. I say he is racist and just cares about HIS people, not others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast