+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anime Was Banned

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Was Banned

He is your father and you do live under his roof so you shoul do as he says. However what I would suggest is sit down and talk with both your parents and see what it is that he objects to the Japanese culture and anime. If your parents are both involved you may be able to reach some common ground and come to some kind of a comprise that will be agreeable to both you and your dad. Good luck!

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... That sounds really horrible and also the type of situation your in.
    I can totally understand into what your trying to emphasize. Try to convince many times to let you do this until he gets annoyed, though that might make it worse oh nevermind i think if you have done that it would not work anyway.
    Well there has been conversations about that all the time with adulst against with Anime and other issues.

For instance, my father who is also a step- father to me he does not enjoy, me watching Anime and tried to prevent me from watching it furthermore, and suddenly when he saw me watching it for entirely more then a few years then he would say, "If you really enjoy watching Anime then continue to learn from it until your pleased with it."

And now i am well pleased in the convincing i have done so far to my step- father. If you do this like i have done so he cannot do anything to prevent you except telling your mother for you to be in some serious trouble. I recommend you trying to talk it out that way your step-father understands it more of why your really interested in Anime and the culture, it might truly work.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

It sounds like he's not only a rascist, but a control freak as well. I suggest looking through all of the advice the others have given you and coming out with a solution that best suits you. all of the advice has been good so far, but you're the only one who has an idea which of the ideas might work. Best of luck to you!
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

You should continue just don't get caught. Because if you want to learn about other cultures especially ones this awesome you should be aloud to find out more and watch anime because it is freaking awesome.

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    And this is exactly why we can't have nice things.

First of all, is he a religious man. I mean most religious people are brainwashed to believe that certain things are the works of the devil and many other nonsensical crap.

No. I am a christian but I'm not all "death to the nonbelievers" as you well know. but he wont even come to church. he's just very... shall we say "outspoken"? not to mention he's on one of his ego trips. (lol)

Thank you all. your support has helpped. I'm not the only one that thinks he's a jerk. obviously. does anyone know about how old you have to be to divorce your parents?
    (I'm not kidding)
    Last edited by LenMiyata; May 13, 2008 at 03:44 PM.
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

Your best bet is to contact legal aid tell them whats going on and that you want to be emancipated. BE SURE you can support your self first also have your arguements all set up and explaine why you are intrested in japenese culture and anime ie. you want to be a translator or do voice overs for anime to be relased in the US. Good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ron119125 For This Useful Post:

Naomi Vaine (May 13, 2008)

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ron119125 View Post
    Your best bet is to contact legal aid tell them whats going on and that you want to be emancipated. BE SURE you can support your self first also have your arguements all set up and explaine why you are intrested in japenese culture and anime ie. you want to be a translator or do voice overs for anime to be relased in the US. Good luck.
    Thank you. this isn't the only reason I'm ready to get out of here. It goes way beyond this whole situation. I'm already working on things of this matter and trying to firgure out what I shuld and shouldnt include.
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

i guess think things over before you make any rash descisions about moving out but here is the thing if your parenst think your hobby is not doing you any good it's but natural that they will react in this manner but if you show them that you can handle the situation or not act irrationally and think things over then thye may change their mind. moving out is different and well you're on your own when things go wrong. it's better to show thme that you're moving out for different reasons but that is just my opinion. as long as you can say you've thought it over and you have no regrets then that will be the time to move on or move out.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast