+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime and Manga Fashion...

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Anime and Manga Fashion...

Okay, one thing i've absolutely come to love in the naruto series are the clothing worn by the character and their a accesories.

One that comes to mind is Sai's top. It makes me wonder, do clothing like that really exist? (outside cosplay I mean)

To me it looks like some sort of vest, which to me is very appealing. Especially since it exposes his belly, which is uncommon in male's as oppsed to females. Another anime character who sports a similar design to this is of the Haseo .hack//Roots.

Does anyone know what type of clothing this is or where i can obtain clothing like this.

And does anybody else have any certain clothing they wish they could just have from any anime or manga they know of?

And why they find it odd/appealing/pratical/unpratical and such.

I'm really starting to pick up an interest in anime/manga clothing design.
    Unfortunately i was unable to find any artist info from Naruto's Masashi Kishimoto relating the this clothing design.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime and Manga Fashion...

I remember coming across an ad somewhere last summer at Anime Expo. It was a company that was going into doing anime styled shoes, whatever the hell that meant. From what I can gather it was mainly "modern" anime styled shoes.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese people tend to dress much more conservatively than their Western counterparts (unless they are part of an urban youth subculture, at which point their dress conforms entirely with the others in their group... even if it seems outrageous to the rest of us).

Anime clothes are "costumey" because they are costumes. People don't wear clothing like that on the street (unless the characters themselves are modelled after real people in real settings or the fashions are patterned after existing fashion subcultures.... gothic lolita, goth, ganguro, gyaru, ikemen, etc.)

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Japanese people tend to dress much more conservatively than their Western counterparts (unless they are part of an urban youth subculture, at which point their dress conforms entirely with the others in their group... even if it seems outrageous to the rest of us).

Anime clothes are "costumey" because they are costumes. People don't wear clothing like that on the street (unless the characters themselves are modelled after real people in real settings or the fashions are patterned after existing fashion subcultures.... gothic lolita, goth, ganguro, gyaru, ikemen, etc.)
    true, true. but just remember, for every sort of cool outfit, there is a bad one (remember Tidus from FFX? WTF was up with his pants?) costumes, if i may state the obvious, better present a character in a story. thats why Naruto wears an Orange jumpsuit, he is not only the main character, but he stands out, and the author wanted to convey that visually. akatsuki wears cloaks to make them look more mysterious, and so on.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post

But no matter how riduculous (which is wat i absolutely love about it ^^, as long as it loks good) how would i be able to get my hands on this kind of clothing?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    But no matter how riduculous (which is wat i absolutely love about it ^^, as long as it loks good) how would i be able to get my hands on this kind of clothing?
    pay cospa $500 a pop for each piece? That's how all the cosplayers in Japan get it.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime fashion CAN exist, but people are decent enough not to wear weird things a la Hevn (Get Backers) and Sei (BakuTen), with half their boobs hanging out. It's good eye candy, I suppose, but it's ridiculous, really. I can hardly imagine a woman in real life picking out her clothes in the morning and going, "Mmmm, I think I'll wear this ridiculously tiny top and no bra. And since that's already skanky as it is, I may as well wear this ridiculously short skirt too!"

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I think having clothes from your favorite anime show would be awesome. I see nothing wrong with that, if you could get over the embarrassment of it.
    As for getting a hold of it.....maybe a seamstress I have one at my school who custom makes clothes and even does Halloween Costumes fairly cheap. So if you are serious about it that may be the way to go.
    Or do like some other people suggested get some cosplay stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast