+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 150 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Online [The Change]

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ok i remember when i first joined AO 4 years ago as Tupacs_wifey And i swear its so much different, we were like a little family i believe that after this Huge Controversy we all spilt up and non of us even really talk (the people who were here remember) I recently talked to one of my first Ao family members and they agree AO isnt what it was i loved AO so much that i would get up at 2:30 in the morning to check it, and i know i have people that would vouch for the fact that so would they now this isnt an AO hate thread cuz i love AO its just so much different then it was....any thoughts or reflections,

sorri for spamming but no posts cum on none of you have an oppinion
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 14, 2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Merging double post
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Online [The Change]

sorri for spamming but no posts cum on none of you have an oppinion
    Be patient... no one posting in your thread is hardly worth getting in trouble over.

I have been a member here for quite some time as well. But not an active one, until after things had already changed quite a bit. But even since then. Like in the past 2 years even... I have seen it go from people who "knew" eachother on here. Members who were dedicated to worth while posting (good conversation). Back when people had high reputaion for good reason. Now it seems we get alot of new members, who are like visitors... they come and go. And very few members elite and above seem to be quite as dedicated. The amount of those who are.... is lacking in comparison to how it seemed to be in like.... 2006.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

Be patient... no one posting in your thread is hardly worth getting in trouble over.

I have been a member here for quite some time as well. But not an active one, until after things had already changed quite a bit. But even since then. Like in the past 2 years even... I have seen it go from people who "knew" eachother on here. Members who were dedicated to worth while posting (good conversation). Back when people had high reputaion for good reason. Now it seems we get alot of new members, who are like visitors... they come and go. And very few members elite and above seem to be quite as dedicated. The amount of those who are.... is lacking in comparison to how it seemed to be in like.... 2006.
    i completely agree i get so mad when i see a crap load of noobs posting things that are remidial and not even worth reading i have been a member for 4 years and i have seen AO go down the drain and come back up to kinda not be what it used to be

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Well , I don't want to just be complaining... I certainly can't think of any suggestions at the moment... Can you? What can be done to bring that feeling back... if not just trying to be a dedicated members ourselves. And be sure our own posts are worth while. Also, making sure those who are putting in the effort get some recognition. Some encouragement. I would like to to know what happened to giving reputation (seems no one does it anymore)?... and what the credits will be used for (when will they have purpose)?. But other than that, what can be done?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I've been around here since the old forum back in '04 crashed, and they set up this new one. I was on the tailend of the old forum, and became one of the new forum regs. I knew a lot more usernames back then (back when legend was pyoro-pyoro) than I do now since a lot of the old staff has gone, Zui Quan, Cybergig, a few others, but that's kinda been AO's song and dance. You'll still have a couple old regs, and new names and faces will hang around for a while, leave, and eventually a new crowd will roll in. I actually enjoy the new members who aren't total noobs, because they might make the same tired old threads, but they bring new perspectives, which keeps the forum alive. I've seen so many 'is god real' type threads that I've wanted to kill every moron who decided to make a new thread about it. If you want to stay on AO, you have to be willing to change and evolve or devolve with it. AO is certainly not dead. It's one of the most alive forums I've ever had the priviledge of posting in.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Nov 16, 2008), Mr. K (Dec 06, 2008)

Thanks

yeah bit is pretty alive but not like it used to be there was never a day i got onkline 2 trs ago and didnt see a familier face now....Blah i know no one they basically all left

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Join the old reg club. You think I recognize everyone's post anymore? Of course I don't, you're letting yourself get all beat up because you don't know as many people as you used to, and probably feel less known because of it. I've felt this way for years, but you don't see me getting all mopey about it, it's called change. It only leaves you in the dust if you allow it to, you cling on to the 'good ole' days' and you're just going to be history. It applies to the real world just as much as it does an anime forum.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Just like life, when you get too old, you have to pass things on to a younger generation and move into a nursing home. I'm assuming the majority of AO members these days is in between the 14-17 category and just need time to grow into beautiful internet personalities. But if you want to stick around, you should strive for better quality members by striving for better quality posts.

And speaking of growing old, I think I found a gray hair last night!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 150 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast