+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 174 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Online [The Change]

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Online [The Change]

well, i certainly haven't been around these parts for very long... but i still feel a bit of the, "Hey i'm back! ... wait... where did everybody go?" but, that's how life is sometimes... friends move away, or something big happeneds in their life, and they simply don't have the time, energy or ink-ling (spelling?) to come back.

it made me very sad for a long time when *Mayura* left, who was my first online friend! but her life was growing and changing, and i was happy that she had found good things outside AO for her to be happy with... the most you can do is pray (or wish good things) on those you don't see anymore, and make new friends!

^_^ but, that's just me!

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    I knew a lot more usernames back then (back when legend was pyoro-pyoro) ... Cybergig, a few others, but that's kinda been AO's song and dance.
    Legend was pyoro-pyoro? Wow I didn't know that. Yeah I remember Cybergig, the old admin or something. Then it was Dragonball? A lot's changed here on AO, as people come and go. Change will always be close at hand. Sometimes I disappear for a few months, and when I come back, it's like I'm a newbie again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    Just like life, when you get too old, you have to pass things on to a younger generation and move into a nursing home. I'm assuming the majority of AO members these days is in between the 14-17 category and just need time to grow into beautiful internet personalities. But if you want to stick around, you should strive for better quality members by striving for better quality posts.
    So that means the oldies have to nurture and care for the newbies. It does work out that way if you think about it, but there are some who just won't accept, won't conform, and are downright stubborn 'til eventually they'll leave us, immaturity intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    And speaking of growing old, I think I found a gray hair last night!
    Old fart! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    ...i still feel a bit of the, "Hey i'm back! ... wait... where did everybody go?"
    I remember you from awhile back, and yeah I get that feeling too. When I disappear for a while, then come back, I feel sort of reassured, when I see a familiar username, that not everything has changed. We can't expect things to stay the same forever, but it's nice to know you're not alone.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    Legend was pyoro-pyoro? Wow I didn't know that.
    That made me feel so insignificant all of sudden lol.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, all I know is I've been on a long hiatus and I've realized how much fun I've had on AO. I've met a lot of good people here. I'm down with meeting some more good people to shoot the shit with. TaurusDemon23 is back, folks. I wanna be here for a while.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    That made me feel so insignificant all of sudden lol.
    Lol don't take it the wrong way, but when you associate a person with a username, and then that person changes their username, it can be pretty confusing. Imagine if someone like Hassun changed his/her username. I did wonder at one stage about how you had such a high post count - so you're an old member with a new username lol. I'm kind of surprised that you're still here. Hassun as well. And ketaro? You've all managed to stick around.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

So many things have changed in this place, but like any other forum, AO has its ups and downs.

People comes and leaves, seems to be that the only constant here is the name of AnimeOnline.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Huh, you're all so totally right. I haven't been a member quite as long as some of you but I feel just as dedicated. You know, I've never said this, it never came up really, but AO is pretty much the only forum I'm active on.

I've tried getting on other sites, graphics site, anime sites, idiot sites but AO is the only place my post count is more than 200. AO has everything I need guys. And I'll tell you all the reason I joined AO; I was being a hater and looking for a sig to use and AO came up. The graphics were so good that I browsed the whole gallery. The were better still, that I opened Photoshop for the first time with real purpose.

I owe all my skill to AO, in a way. The first poem I posted here I wrote freely in the "New Thread" box, it was my first in.. 6 months to a year. Back then Kasai was still around and she just ragged and ragged on my poems and I totally hated her. Then I took her advice to heart and started getting better, eventually I stopped hating her and instead wished she'd come back, if only to leave well-placed analysis.

Lots of members have left, or been banned... or have left willing while I been around. I always wonder, when will I be next? I have thought about it, just leaving. But dang, it's hard cutting away all the connections you make. Eh. Weird thing, I see names I don't recognize and think, dude, new poster. Meanwhile they're posting some pretty heavy stuff and I post right back, thinking hey, I'mma shoot the shit.

Then I see the post count.

The change has been good and pretty seamless. The only time I noticed a change in admin was when Sinistra left and DB came in. During his reign a bunch of rules were put in play, 'cause I'm pretty sure the forum was slack before that. CB seems pretty cool, I wonder if he'll make an SOTW for his sig like DB. I wish some of the older members would come back though, or at least be more 'there' on the forums.

All in all, AO is still the f'n best.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    Lol don't take it the wrong way, but when you associate a person with a username, and then that person changes their username, it can be pretty confusing. Imagine if someone like Hassun changed his/her username. I did wonder at one stage about how you had such a high post count - so you're an old member with a new username lol. I'm kind of surprised that you're still here. Hassun as well. And ketaro? You've all managed to stick around.
    Nah I'm just kidding ya, and I know what you mean. I use to associate a person with their avatars.

And heck why am I still here? I don't know either. It's just one of those things.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 174 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 ... LastLast