+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AnimeOnline Inside Access w/ Shinku no kage

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face AnimeOnline Inside Access w/ Shinku no kage

Last few days with newfound freedom I decided to try some stuff on this forum. One of them was to interview some of our well known members. Shinku was well enough to be my first guest. Hope you find this a good read, whether it is entertaining or humorous your opinions are welcomed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Legend: Well first of all let me congratulate you personally on your promotion to Gallery Mod. First question, have the fact that you're now a staff sunk in yet? Or does it not phase you at all, just another "eh" day on the job?

Shinku no Kage: No, it hasnt sank in yet. Heck, this is just day 2 since I'm a Gallery Mod. Theres a LOT that I havent probably figured out yet. Sure, I've already closed threads, warned a few members of
    their posts and sig violations, and approved a pic or two...but I had to bother GallComp and DragonBall a few times via PM. ^^; Still got a lot to learn. lols

Legend: I'm pretty sure that no one doubts your ability as staff. Out of all the recent promotions, I think yours was the only one that didn't come as a surprise. But honestly, were there any part in you that was disappointed that you were only offered a Gallery Mod spot?? lol

Shinku no Kage: ^//^; Why thank you.
    ...dissapointed!? No way!! I'm glad that I've been put into a position that I can actually do stuff to help. Really the most I could do til now was to welcome new members and advise them to read the FAQs and Rules, PM members about their sigs before you guys got to them, and report some posts now and then.

Legend: lol, if that's all you did I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have gotten the spot.

Shinku no Kage: Really? Cuz I really havent done that much at all...well I guess I kinda started to help out in the gallery. When tsurara started the comment drive I commented like crazy, mainly due to the prize but...XD Than I usually up a few renders and scans here and there. Thats about it. Heck, I barely post anymore unless its on a topic I hold a personal interest in.

Legend: On a personal level I actually don't know you that well. The first time we cross path that I remember was when you made your return in an intro thread. Can you tell us why you left in the first place, and what made you return?

Shinku no Kage: Ah, my "Re-intro", when did I do that? I think that was my 1year anniversary at AO so I decided to "reintroduce" myself. I dont think that I've really "left". I think that the most I was inactive was for a couple of weeks due to school, work, and the fact that my PC was "dead". I keep coming to AO cuz...well, I'm really not sure. ^^;

I'm a member at a few other forums and honestly (between you and me)...they have more heated, intellectual discussions on anime/games. They have hi-quality images and even music downloads. But I frequent AO the most...I'm not sure if its just cuz this is the first forum I've joined or if its the ppl I've met here...although most of them have left. ^^;

AO has a mysterious grip on me. (o_O) No, really.

Legend: Well you know what they say about never forgetting your "first." And yeah, the fact that this site has to stay legitimate has indeed hurt us nowadays when everyone else is offering illegal downloads...You have been here for more than a year already, so you have seen the good times, the bad, and the ugly. Do you think this site can ever get back to the good days, and if so what needs to be done?

Shinku no Kage: Well I atleast take honor in the fact that AO doesnt offer any illegal downloads.

*sigh* Its almost been 2yrs now since I've joined. Honestly, I'm not sure if AO can return to its "good" days. What made things "good" back then were the devoted members whom made threads which got heated, intellectual replies. Recent threads by new members arent going anywhere as they're vague in its entirety and the replies it gets is just the same. I'm f***ing tired of some noobs posting stuff like, "I think that looks cool, I'll check it out", or "I like **** because of ******" *sigh* Theres only so much that we can do. -_-; Its not like they listen if we tell them...damn kids.

Legend: In your mind what do you think is the reason or are the reasons for AnimeOnline's fall from grace?

Shinku no Kage: Like I said, "devoted" members left leaving mostly mindless noobs that dont give a $#!T about quality or anything.
    Why did the devoted members leave? That varies. Some because of their real lives, some because some of their fellow members left, some stopped caring, the list can go on...

Legend: This seems like a lose-lose situation for us. On one hand if we tighten the grip on quality, it'll scare these young folks away. If we don't things are going to get worse. Where do you think we should go from here?

Shinku no Kage: Yeah...its quite a situation that AO is stuck in. I'm not quite sure what can be done to make things better...maybe more perks for the devoted members? Exactly what kind of perks? I'm not sure...(._.)

Legend: Well on to more happier topics...Care to tell us about your experiences on AO, like how you found the site, and the good and bad memories of it?

Shinku no Kage: How I found the site: Googled some animes and the site came up in the search so...

Good memories: Meeting ppl, when I finally won SOTW.lols

Bad memories: Nothing in particular

Legend: Alright, let's wrap this interview up with some word association. Here we go, first one: Hassun.

Shinku no Kage: Horror.

Legend: AO's Hottest Member, LenMiyata, and our Hentai Section.

Shinku no Kage: *Mayura*, Anime Professor, Eye candy.

Legend: Cool man, one last one: Shinku no kage.

Shinku no Kage: Me...

Legend: lol, WHAT a way to end the interview [/sarcasm] . Thank you Shinku.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well I hope you folks find this fresh and entertaining, and thanks Shinku once again for being a good sport.

Next Time on AnimeOnline Inside Access: Sazzy

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AnimeOnline Inside Access w/ Shinku no kage

I'm impressed. The professionalism of those who participated in this interview was top notch. It felt like something you see on those celebrity interviews where they look into the human aspects of the celebrity. It shows that you were both more than just names and avatars. It shows that there are ideas, thoughts, goals and a whole life attached to that name.

I would certainly love to read some future interviews. Perhaps some about the older members who are still active. There are some who have been here for years and most of us don't know a damn thing about them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to solking For This Useful Post:

Legend (Jan 14, 2008)

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Well good read indeed. Got a suggestion though. How about we keep all the future Interviews here. Just keep editing the title or change it to a universal one. No need to clutter up the forums with a bunch of them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miroku4444 For This Useful Post:

Legend (Jan 14, 2008)

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^o^ hahahaaaa~! that was great!

^_^ way to get the inside scoop, Legend! yay, Shinku has the power of words now~! and *Mayura* waspretty hott! i miss her so~!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Dhabi For This Useful Post:

Legend (Jan 14, 2008)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

"inside access" Nice title. I came in thinking I'd see AO's best kept secrets or something.
    It's a nice initiative though.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Well good read indeed. Got a suggestion though. How about we keep all the future Interviews here. Just keep editing the title or change it to a universal one. No need to clutter up the forums with a bunch of them.
    Yeah that is something i'm thought about too. It would not clutter but then it would look messy from within the thread. I have a few ones lined up already, but I'm probably only going to release one interview probably every one to one and half weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    "inside access" Nice title. I came in thinking I'd see AO's best kept secrets or something.
    It's a nice initiative though.
    This ain't a tabloid, man. Nice idea though . See the staff at their worse. Hassun over 400 pounds?!

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    This ain't a tabloid, man. Nice idea though . See the staff at their worse. Hassun over 400 pounds?!
    How about hassum wearing spandex... Now that will be the end of times...

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Legend: Alright, let's wrap this interview up with some word association. Here we go, first one: Hassun.

Shinku no Kage: Horror.
    Nice interview XD, this reminds me... Hassun never changed! Saw his sigg reading a thread, still those bloody eyes

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast