+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Annoying Trends

Newbie Ninja_Amaya is off to a good start Ninja_Amaya's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Annoying Trends

Alot in our modern society a major topic tends to be about what trends are in or out.

Personally I don't really follow trends xD But my question is what trends that have been around that have really bugged you? Which do you trends do you find pointless?

For me I find trends to be silly. For example you hear alot of times people talking about how the hottest thing amoung celebs is to have babies as the new trend.

The second part of my question is to you find trends to be pointless? Do you think society will ever become less obessed with them ?

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Annoying Trends

well that depends on the trend. Personally, i find many celebrities to be stuck up and annoying, so why listen to them?

A trend or fad among certain age groups are the same thing. i went from transformers to pogs to pokemon to nintendo to XBox and im still not done.

it seems everyone follows trends, but you are correct, many make no sense and do not deserve to be cool. For instance, the fact that it's cool to dress like a gangstah rapper and treat others like crap while muttering jibberish that the people who speak it barely understand it simply seems like nonsense to me, and it seems to be what "all the kids are doing" which makes me stay away.

its like "Hey! You wanna shoot yourself in the testicles? It's so cool! You have to do it to be cool."
    Why hello there!

Newbie Ninja_Amaya is off to a good start Ninja_Amaya's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah. I understand what your saying. I guess in a sense trends will always be around and some are healthy.

What really bugs me is that those pointless trends that you have also pointed out are the center of our modern society. As I look at it I'm starting to wonder if that's at the center of human nature in developing a society. If you know what I'm talking about? Because now as I think about it basically all eras through out history have been named based upon the popular trend or idea at the time. For example the Victorian Era.

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Trends tend to get started when someone wants to set themselves apart from everyone else. They come up with something that no one else is doing, let's say that a kid wears a red earring on her right ear only. then someone else see this and likes it so they were a red earring on their right ear. before you know it you have a lot of people wearing a red earring on their right ear. a trend is born.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh it hast to be that stupid baby trend.

"Oh my I am 16, and in love, been dating this guy since freshman year. We should have a baby! Since are love has proven to with stand the ends of time!"

I see so many teens and people with babies. I already know whats going to happen. I try hard not to Judge them, but I hope they don't teach there kids to hate my kids. Just because I can afford things for them in the future.

Oh and the "Hate my Parents Trend"

And if you don't hate your parents your just some goodie good.

Those take the cake.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

The hate my parents trend is a trend that goes back to the beginning of time to the first parents and their teens. I don't know of a time when teen didn't have that trend.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know if going commando counts, but I really don't get this not-wearing-panties thing. Why the hell.........? Ugh I can't even finish my sentence.

And eating pencil lead. Huh? Huh? HUH? What's that all about???

Newbie ThanatosLoveChain is off to a good start ThanatosLoveChain's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate the idea of trends,because I hate being told what to do. (or think,for that matter) When it comes to things I like,I like them whether they are popular or not. There are people that try to be everything that the cool kids are,and totally fake. But then just as bad is the people hating something just because it's in,just to rebel. Why should I miss out on something I like,just because it became popular? And I think eating pencil lead,you could probably get some kind of lead poisoning.....I'd rather have cake*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast