+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Another School Shooting

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Another School Shooting

Update: A seventh person has died in the shooting, according to DeKalb County Coroner Dennis J. Miller. In addition, he released the identities of four of the victims: Daniel Parmenter, 20, of Westchester; Catalina Garcia, 20, of Cicero; Ryanne Mace, 19, of Carpentersville; and Julianna Gehant, 32, of Meridan.

A gunman dressed in black stormed into an oceanography class at Northern Illinois University Thursday afternoon and opened fire with a shotgun and two handguns, killing five students and wounding 16 more in a matter of seconds.

Then, still on stage, he killed himself, authorities said.

The gunman was not a current student at the school of more than 25,000 that rises from cornfields and subdivisions 65 miles west of downtown Chicago, authorities said.

Late Thursday, sources confirmed that they have tentatively identified the shooter as a 27-year-old graduate student in social work at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Police also said they were unable to determine a motive for the shooting, which erupted shortly before 3 p.m., about 15 minutes before the class of about 100 students in Cole Hall was scheduled to end.

It was the worst campus shooting since April 16, 2007, when 32 people were shot to death on the campus of Virginia Tech University by a student who later killed himself.
    Full text of article: 7 dead in NIU shooting; 4 identified -- chicagotribune.com

Less than two full months into the new year, and already another tragedy involving a gun-toting wacko delivering his vengeance on innocent students. And for what purpose, especially since the guy wasn't even a student at NIU and really had no reason to even be around there if he was attending U of I (the two schools are about 170 miles apart)? What drives someone to barge into a room full of people they don't know and open fire? What can schools/students do to help prevent these types of occurences?
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another School Shooting

I think this nut just wanted to go out with a BANG, and this was how he did it. He probably saw all that Virginia Tech coverage and said hey im going to go out like that. Gotta love the media.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I think this nut just wanted to go out with a BANG, and this was how he did it. He probably saw all that Virginia Tech coverage and said hey im going to go out like that. Gotta love the media.
    yeah, it actually reminds me of Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex.

its really pathetic how people actually think that they will be remembered for going on a rampage. i only remembered that kid from the other shooting for a day or two. it doesnt make you cool, people!

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

And how many does that make?
    Good grief another crazed person has lost it's mind.
    it's not safe to go to school anymore,

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    What can schools/students do to help prevent these types of occurences?
    Let their students carry guns so they can shoot back.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

meh?O.o ..I heard about that..that is so sad and wrong..when is it every going to stop-_-..I think that everybody is just trying to do this just to be made known. gosh ppl are so crazy now..it makes u even scared to go to school now.school used to be a safe place..now i see it the worset place to sent ur kids..i wil probably homeschool my kids..O.o
    it's sad that the gorventment can't get help and get strict with securtiy on school..>.<I heard that viloence is even starting in grade school adn then before we know it..emel ,then pre-school..all because u may have said something wrong to a perosn..or u havne't ben treating them right..this shows if everybody was nice to everybody adn they wasn't clicks or groups..none of this would be happening..

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

What can help stop this? Well nothing can really be done. I mean, your choices are to either home school on your computer or go into a lock down at the school where you would lose all your freedoms. Having the teachers/students have a gun has been talked about. But that to me is insane. It would be like a huge free for all in a shooting gallery. So mabey you can tighten the security. But to what extent? Lock down of class rooms? And what would happen if the shooter was in the class room with them? The same thing. There is no quick fix on something like this. People today just don't value human life anymore. They are so used to seeing acts like this on the news daily that they become detached to everything that they see. It becomes a part of life for them. So unless we can change peoples minds on the value of human life there is very little that we can do to prevent things like this for happening.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Allow students to bring guns to so they can shoot back?
    Good grief ! SCHOOL WARS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast