+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Another School Shooting

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another School Shooting

Having gone to a "party school", I can safely say that giving guns to a bunch of uber-hormonal, drug and alcohol abusing young adults who are already in a tense, racially/financially mixed environment where they can't choose their own roommates, suitemates or who they come in contact with on a daily basis is pretty much asking for trouble.

I'm pretty sure that, had guns been involved, at least 30 or so fistfights/drug raids/nasty breakups and gang fights I personally witnessed as a "good student" would have ended in injury or death.

WITHOUT guns we had 3 suicides, 2 murder investigations and 20+ rapes a year... assuming EVERY victim (usually young sorority girls) had a gun, they might have been able to lower the rate of rape or prevent the two murders... but everyone else would be shooting each other over marijuana tabs, women, and magic mushroom hallucinations.

Not sure if that's really a trade off we should be thinking of making.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

This is to be the gunman or suspect that killed himself after he kill others in the school,
    I ask you does he he look very distrub ?
    I'm not bashing here, do you beleave he's suspect,?
    He does kinda look he couldn't care less about otthers lives.
    So what drives some one like to do something hanis ?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Having gone to a "party school", I can safely say that giving guns to a bunch of uber-hormonal, drug and alcohol abusing young adults who are already in a tense, racially/financially mixed environment where they can't choose their own roommates, suitemates or who they come in contact with on a daily basis is pretty much asking for trouble.

I'm pretty sure that, had guns been involved, at least 30 or so fistfights/drug raids/nasty breakups and gang fights I personally witnessed as a "good student" would have ended in injury or death.

WITHOUT guns we had 3 suicides, 2 murder investigations and 20+ rapes a year... assuming EVERY victim (usually young sorority girls) had a gun, they might have been able to lower the rate of rape or prevent the two murders... but everyone else would be shooting each other over marijuana tabs, women, and magic mushroom hallucinations.

Not sure if that's really a trade off we should be thinking of making.
    Exactly. Arming everyone as a response to these kind of events just creates a lot more trowble in the future. Gun related 'accidents' would be all over the place in no time. And no, giving them an extra class about "how to correctly use your firearm" would not improve the situation at all.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Exactly. Arming everyone as a response to these kind of events just creates a lot more trowble in the future. Gun related 'accidents' would be all over the place in no time. And no, giving them an extra class about "how to correctly use your firearm" would not improve the situation at all.
    The only thing that schools can do is up the security or issue bulletproof textbooks.

Candidate: Use Textbooks As Shields From School Shooters - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

It is very sad to hear those news. I actually found out today when I was taking supper at the crapeteria. I really put a thought on when in my college is going to happen. I mean, that is happening not long from new year... and the Virginia tech attack wasn't that long ago.
    I am not scared to death whatsoever, but in my mind is the constant thought... when are we going to be next.
    And I don't think that to take guns to the school is going to help at all. There is going to be more than one jerk believing that he/she can rule the college and kill anyone in defence 'cos they didn't agree with them...

"If you fight fire with fire you are going to get burn"
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

This subject has always boggled my mind...
    I mean how does a person just decided to go and shoot innocent people....
    So he just what...woke up one day and said.."Ahh...todays looks like a great day to kill some people..and I think I will kill myself"....
    I do not think that a "normal" human being mind works that way so he definitely was mentally disturbed.
    And also.i find it kind of suspicious that he did it on Valentines Day...maybe somebody broke his heart and he decided to take revenge.
    But I mean KILL PEOPLE.....
    I still do not know how a person could do such a thing....if you feel so depressed...kill yourself.....but do not take it on other people......not that I am saying that I support suicide and all....but still........
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    The only thing that schools can do is up the security or issue bulletproof textbooks.

Candidate: Use Textbooks As Shields From School Shooters - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City
    How about putting every student in a popemobile-like cubicle made of bulletproof glass?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Because after all we can't trust people who have filled these requirements to know what they are doing.
    What are the Gun Laws in Illinois?
    Requirements for Foid
    Application for a FOID is made to the Illinois State Police, FOID, P. O. Box 19233, Springfield, IL 62794-9233. Application forms can be obtained online at Illinois State Police Home Page or by calling the Firearm Owners IdentiAn applicant is entitled to a FOID if he:

* Is over 21 years of age. If under 21, he must have the written consent of his parent or guardian. In such case, the guardian himself must not be ineligible for a FOID, and the applicant must never have been convicted of a misdemeanor or adjudged a delinquent.

* Has never been convicted of a felony.

* Is not a narcotics addict.

* Has not been a patient in a mental hospital in the preceding five years.

* Is not mentally retarded.

* Is not an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States.

* Is not subject to an existing order of protection prohibiting the possession of a firearm.

* Has not been convicted within the past 5 years of battery, assault, aggravated assault, violation of an order of protection, or a substantially similar offense in another jurisdiction, in which a firearm was used or possessed.

* Has not been convicted of domestic battery or a substantially similar offense in another jurisdiction committed on or after January 1, 1998.

* Has not been convicted within the past five years of domestic battery or a substantially similar offense in another jurisdiction committed before January 1, 1998.

An applicant for a FOID must consent to the Department using the applicant's digital driver's license or Illinois ID card photograph, if available, and signature on the FOID, and must furnish the Department with his driver's license or Illinois ID card number.

The Department must approve or deny the FOID within 30 days and is authorized to deny the FOID only if the applicant does not meet the listed qualifications. The FOID is valid for five years from the date of issuance. The Department shall forward to each FOID holder, a notice of expiration and a renewal notice application, 60 days prior to expiration.

A FOID may be revoked and seized if the holder made a false statement on the application, is no longer eligible, or whose mental condition poses a clear and present danger to self, others, or community.
    I never said everyone. Why do you always take it to the extreme? All it takes is ONE, one armed trained person to take these guys down. One person who has made the choice to be educated and responsible for carrying a gun LEGALLY. Which is exactly what has happened in other cases similar to this where ONE person with a gun was present and either pinned them down till authorities could get there or simply shot them and had it done with. But no, once again we have a "gun free zone" where the shooter could guarantee no one could interfere with him until he was finished. So now people are dead because their constitutional right to defend themselves has been infringed. The only surprising part of this was that no one had any idea this guy would snap.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast