Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone here interested in Martial Arts?

Mercenary SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm intereseted... But I don't have enough time to train myself... So I just fight like a man... Not using any kind of style...

Newbie Avenara may be famous one day Avenara may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Oh man! The first time I saw Capoeira my mouth dropped. I didn't even realize it was a FIGHTING style. I thought the guy was just dancing. It was super awesome!!!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SousukeSagara View Post
    I'm intereseted... But I don't have enough time to train myself... So I just fight like a man... Not using any kind of style...
    I've never been in a fisticuff before but if I ever got into one I doubt I'd remember anything I learned in karate. I'd probably just start scratching my opponent's eyes out or something girly like that. At least I'd have the confidence to throw a punch or kick. Loads of my friends have told me that they wouldn't have the guts to fight back.

I kinda want to take up aikido but I figure if I do, I'll end up becoming more buff than my guy friends, which sounds REALLY scary

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks
    A sports guild would get more people than just martial arts I guess.

My primary martial art is Aikido. You don't have to be buff at all to throw people. Theres this short famous blonde woman here in America who's really good. She's not muscular at all.

Some martial arts are better than others. The true is same for Aikido. There are Aikido styles superior to each other. If you're serious about taking up Aikido pm me the city you live in. I can do a search on google and find out which schools they have and if they're any good.

Mercenary SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I've never been in a fisticuff before but if I ever got into one I doubt I'd remember anything I learned in karate. I'd probably just start scratching my opponent's eyes out or something girly like that. At least I'd have the confidence to throw a punch or kick. Loads of my friends have told me that they wouldn't have the guts to fight back.

I kinda want to take up aikido but I figure if I do, I'll end up becoming more buff than my guy friends, which sounds REALLY scary
    Aikido huh..? It's a nice art to learn... You can easily block some kicks if you mastered it... Also, your reflexes will become very fast indeed...

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    I haven't decided yet.
    Gonna graduate from high school this December, and then start kickboxing. If I really do take up aikido I prolly won't do it till I go the college fall term starts. And I have no idea where I'm going yet, depends on which college accepts me.

On some martial arts being superior to others... heh, I think anything's better than taekwondo. Not that it's useless or anything, but it looks awfully stiff. I mean, I see people in the middle of taekwondo classes and sparring practice and all and it looks terribly boring. It only starts getting exciting when you're watching a world-level competition. My second eldest sister used to do taekwondo. She stopped after she got her green belt. Yeeeeesh. Said she didn't like it much. It figures.

Chinese martial arts are the best. My ELDEST sister's doing wu-shu right now, and it's really fun watching her practice when she comes home for the holidays because her moves are so graceful! And the stances are so... I dunno, cool. Too bad she doesn't get to bring home the floppy sword, though.

Thanks
    Wu-shu... Yes, the moves are very cool... They're more like gymanastics if you watch them do their moves...

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you actually want to learn how to fight you have to remember that martial arts are ugly. The uglier it is the more effective it is. The type of kung fu you were talking about earlier was a performance art. It's no good for fighting. As your sister realizes she can't defend herself with that stuff I guess it's okay.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast