+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Arg! Exams & Stress

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Arg! Exams & Stress

ok everybody knows this. high school, college and university. final exams........grrrrrrr right now i am takin science, english, geographie (french!) and religion. and just today, we got a ton of work to study for our final exams. i checked that if i spend 1 hour on every important bulk from every subject, it would take me a week and a half, NON STOP STUDYING! (subtracting school time, and sleep = would equal rufly three) and exams are starting in the middle of june. now i am stressed and scared. does anyone have any studying or stress tips they can give me so i can calm down and study well? thx!

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Arg! Exams & Stress

My only advice::: You still have more than a month left, so give up on all the things you do just for fun or time pass, and study hard, especially over the weekends. If you really start studying, you will realize how slow time moves, and how so much time you actually have. I take education very seriously, so I almost always give first priority for it, giving up on many things for the time being. When I was in High school, I even used to go to cram schools, which churned the life out of me, but it's all worth it.. So, discipline yourself, make yourself a time-table to follow, and work towards it. Just keep distractions off distance.

Newbie senna is off to a good start senna's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, exam stress I know it well. My main advice, if you feel that you are getting too stressed out, then take a break. Your grade will not suffer drastically because of going to bed early or spending a couple of minutes talking with your friends. As for planning, I agree with kedar- a time table will work wonders.

Just don't end up like me and become too stressed. You'll end up with hives for six months. I've had them since last semester exams and they have yet to go away.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

As for stress alleviation, it kind of depends on person to person... In my case, I always like to study in open areas like parks [those having pretty girls pass by occasionally. Only kidding!] and temples - peaceful atmospheres ~!! Oh, you could also try studying in a group. That seems to work for some people. When I was in high school, many of my friends and I used to study at school in groups and at my home on Sundays. I in particular like to study by myself, but it's hard to resist study-with-us-please-dear requests. >.<

You know what, having pretty girls in a group is a great stress-reliever ~! Attraction is a good thing, it makes you strive for the best, sometimes for the worse, too. n,n And yes, taking occasional breaks helps, like Senna has said!

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    Ah, exam stress I know it well. My main advice, if you feel that you are getting too stressed out, then take a break. Your grade will not suffer drastically because of going to bed early or spending a couple of minutes talking with your friends. As for planning, I agree with kedar- a time table will work wonders.

Just don't end up like me and become too stressed. You'll end up with hives for six months. I've had them since last semester exams and they have yet to go away.

lol you had hives cuz of stress? and well i just made a timetable for this week and i am hoping to follow if up, because i really realized (thx kedar) how much time i have, and my sched looks like this
    today - finish science, start geo
    but im not gonna show u all, its too boring XD
    thx girls

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

I say study your worse subject first and then go up to your best. Study a few hours a day and take breaks. Have someone study with you if get lonely or need help on them bad subjects. Don't rule out all your fun stuff cause honestly you need some time off from studying or else major stress. Just don't be a goof and decide you got all the time in the world to study so you go out and play all the time and then wham cram time.

Although honestly I am the type to wait till the last minute and crams away! Did pretty well doing that in high school and college hoho. Not recommened for everyone .

Oh almost forgot to mention for stress relief I would listen to music or snack on sweets or fruit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertoekee View Post
    I say study your worse subject first and then go up to your best. Study a few hours a day and take breaks. Have someone study with you if get lonely or need help on them bad subjects. Don't rule out all your fun stuff cause honestly you need some time off from studying or else major stress. Just don't be a goof and decide you got all the time in the world to study so you go out and play all the time and then wham cram time.

Although honestly I am the type to wait till the last minute and crams away! Did pretty well doing that in high school and college hoho. Not recommened for everyone .

Oh almost forgot to mention for stress relief I would listen to music or snack on sweets or fruit.
    ok there is one problem. when i take breaks i tend to take LONG BREAKS and procrastinate like this '5 MORE MINUTES" and thats when i give up. so i need some help trying to keep me focused a great deal. thx silver

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

You have to understand that there IS no trick to staying focused. You just need a crapload of willpower, which isn't easy to come by. Where there's a will, there's always a way. If you're intent on acing your exams you'll def have the willpower to sit down and study for 5 hours straight.

I dunno what sort of thing works for you, but I find that mind maps and diagrams work for most people since they're pretty neat, graphic and straightforward. I personally like rhymes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast