+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Arg! Exams & Stress

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Arg! Exams & Stress

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    You have to understand that there IS no trick to staying focused. You just need a crapload of willpower, which isn't easy to come by. Where there's a will, there's always a way. If you're intent on acing your exams you'll def have the willpower to sit down and study for 5 hours straight.

I dunno what sort of thing works for you, but I find that mind maps and diagrams work for most people since they're pretty neat, graphic and straightforward. I personally like rhymes.
    thx ima try my hardest to keep focused. and another question, while doing work (not for test, just normal homework) is it bad to listen to music, like does it throw ur concentration off?

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

No way! listen to music all you want!!. It's different person to person, but some people it helps heaps!

Me personally, when I put music on to study it helps me relax and get rid of stress, it gets to the point when I don't even realise what song I have on because I'm so focus on work lol.

I 100% agree with the timetable part. I am going to write one up for myself tonight actually, I'm nearing the end of the semester and as you can imagine all the assignments and exams due dates are comming up.

And another thing. DON'T STRESS!! lol I know it's harder said then done, but you can really bring yourself down physically and mentally, you can easily get sick and around that time of live it's the last think you need.

One of my lecturers gave us some tips to staying stress free maybe they can help some people here ^^

1. Eat Healthly
    2. Exercise
    3. Time management (like with a time table)

He said heaps more but I can't remember ^^;. oh! and exercise really does work, makes you feel so much more refreshed. I'm also not a believe in staying up late to memorise things the day before the exam, I believe it defeats the purpose and makes you stress out more, so make sure you manage your time well ^^

by the way..I'm not perfect at these things..I've been up late many a times to finish a assignment or study..my own time management skills are shot lol

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    thx ima try my hardest to keep focused. and another question, while doing work (not for test, just normal homework) is it bad to listen to music, like does it throw ur concentration off?
    THAT depends on the person. Some people concentrate better with music on, some don't. Some people eat to help them concentrate, some people have a cup of coffee handy at all times. I can't have any noise at all when I study, it really distracts me.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

my sugestion will be: do not ever procrastinate!!! never ever. Itncreasesthe stress. I know that by ezperience... it was a hard lesson for me to learn this semester....
    Keep in mind that your studiesare firstandif you have to give up some laisure time..... do it! Sacrifices are good when it i sfor study. It is worthy!!!!!
    And make sure and do not, by anymeans,procrastinate............. even more is you have more than 6 classes at the time. The stress on that time can go up and it can literally kill you...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Do not ever procrastinate. That is the worst thing you could when projects are due. And when it comes to studying. It isn't bright to start studying two to three days before the actual exam. Cramming does sometimes work, but not all the time, and not for everyone. You should study short amounts of information and take breaks in between, instead of studying the entire five pages of notes in just two hours.

I hate it when schools decide to give you projects along the timeline of when exams are going to be taking place. Let's not forget the all loved, "homework" that you have to complete as well. So basically a student is screwed if they're not organized, or if they're used to procastinating. Because they have homework that needs to be done, projects that need to be worked on and completed, and final exams that are worth studying for.

And adults have the guts to say kids have no reason to be stressed.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

i know how hard getting ready for tests is i just had my keystage 3's last week
    it was really hard since i didnt have anything given to me to revise (only maths i had)
    but i did my best and that was all i could do (cryed during sic test i had a higher paper to do and i have no clue) but our new priceabl is bringing us out a revison book to help u put into time ect on how and when ect u should do it

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    is it bad to listen to music, like does it throw ur concentration off?
    Some people like it super quiet when studying but for me music keeps me focused and awake. It helps me want to study more and stay on task or else procrastinating time.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    And adults have the guts to say kids have no reason to be stressed.
    Haha well only reasons adults say kids have no rights to stress is cause you get even worse stress when you finish college and high school....poof adult world time. Lets just say the RL plus work, bills, family can make people say argh stress to the max. Don't get me started with full time college and full time job lol.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

You folks talk like procrastination is something you can just simply not do or turn off. Everyone has their own formulate to success, so I'll give you a few examples I've heard over the years.

- Isolate yourself completely in a room without distractions. If your home has a clean restroom, stay there. So now, you have no excuse to take a restroom break when in fact you just wanna turn on the tv.

- Study in a group with friends, only disciplined ones though. It is a lot like hitting the gym, fat people find it easier when they have friends along side. With friends you can clear up any questions you don't understand now.

- Study the subjects that will come up first and study the others in order.

Finally, here's what NOT to do.

You could have music on, but avoid having songs. If you're someone who can easily lose focus, that song could be stuck in your head by finals time. Trying to remember what oligopoly is with the song Still Fly in your head doesn't help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast