+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Art?

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Art?

Lately I've been more involved in the art community, considering I'm going to art school and it's pretty easy to get immersed in art because it's everywhere here. The art community is, in general, just artists and people who respect and understand art. This involves going to galleries every once and a while, etc. You also have to be somewhat aware of what is happening currently and previously in the art world. I don't want to sound like a hoity-toity art fag, but if you've never been to a gallery or museum you totally should!

For those who are pretty much loving the art scene, what sort of artists have you totally been in love with lately?

For those who are making works of art, what sort of things have you been working on?

For those who are just experiencing galleries and museums, what do you think? Where have you recently gone/what have you seen?

Lately I've been in love with animation works, that aren't anime or on television. There are artists who create animations frankly to animate and for artistic purposes.

There is one artist who is frankly incredible and unique. His name is William Kentridge. He creates animation on one piece of paper in charcoal, erasing what he has done previously. So, instead of making duplicates of separate frames, he just erases what he needs to. This is interesting because it's not as clean as classical animation and it leaves something called "ghosting" which gives something new to the work.

Example:
    YouTube - Trailer VCA - Certas dúvidas de William Kentridge (this is only a trailer from his home-made documentary)

I haven't really been working on anything extravagant lately, I've just been strengthening my weaknesses with things that I've never worked with before like charcoal, and oil pastel. Nothing really deliciously good has come out from it, but oh well... we will see. But if you are interested, here are a few things that I've done with both:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...y1/ORCKKKK.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...y1/velvet1.jpg

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Art?

I haven't been to a gallery in quite some time. I think I should go. I think it's been a few years since the last time I went. Y'know, it's funny that you brought up galleries, because I drove right by one last night, on my way to a friend's house and I'm thinkin' to myself, "When's the last time you went to an art gallery, Sprout?"

There's one by my mom's house that's actually run by my high school English/Oral Interpretation teacher. I've only been in it once, but I'm heading toward that way today, I may go! ^_^ I'm going to start doing spray paint pieces again soon!! I almost forgot to bring that one up.

I'm not talkin' little, generic lookin', piece of crap tags. More like the big beautiful ones you see on trains and say, "Wow, that's pretty!" ^_^ I have to get that done before it starts getting too cold outside.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzuechan View Post
    welll i ish bored... going to search other forums!! bye bye
    You don't need to write down all that crap in your posts. Thinking it is bad enough.

Newbie RainbowRain is off to a good start RainbowRain's Avatar
    on the earth, in a town on a corner street.
    Thanks

hey, i actually do art, its realy a way outa stress for me, i'm planning to go study it next year and i'm just finishing art school, but my favorite artists are Walter Battis, William Kentridge (genius, we studied him for school, he uses himself as a model and he only uses about twenty pages a film... i saw a film on how he actually works, but hey...), Degas, Renoir (i think i spelled that rite), and i also rather like the work of Ilya Kabakov.
    lately in my art i have been doing a lot concering the enviroment and faces. however I'm trying to do a three piece with the subject matter of three womens backs...

+ Reply to Thread