Closed Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian Discrimination

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Asian Discrimination

LOL, why me?

Actually, I don't think people are that hateful. They're just rash and unreasonable, and too obnoxious to accept half the bad things people say about their own race(s). People say Chinese are cheats, and I'm not saying it's true of all Chinese, but yeah, Chinese people have always been known to have pretty quick minds, and maybe that's why they make good... well, cheats. I don't deny that. And people from the Middle East are pretty good mathematicians and thinkers. Maybe that's why they make the best strategists (terrorists?).

I honestly don't know what I should do to help lessen discrimination. I'm a pretty hot tempered person who normally fights fire with fire. ^^;;

Newbie celestial_angel may be famous one day celestial_angel may be famous one day celestial_angel's Avatar
    Thanks

i rememember when i was still in america... i've heard several things as i walk along the way... does it matter whether i have a korean and japanese blood and even filifino blood... who do they think they are... we are all humas except that we are raised in different ways and have different cultures...

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel
    People say Chinese are cheats, and I'm not saying it's true of all Chinese, but yeah, Chinese people have always been known to have pretty quick minds, and maybe that's why they make good... well, cheats. I don't deny that. And people from the Middle East are pretty good mathematicians and thinkers. Maybe that's why they make the best strategists (terrorists?).

I honestly don't know what I should do to help lessen discrimination. I'm a pretty hot tempered person who normally fights fire with fire. ^^;;
    lol yes, the stereotypical ideas that others have of the chinese being quick thinkers and such is quite popular. in fact, an aussie friend of mine said that he envied me because i'm chinese, which means that i'm good at math. i can tell you, not all chinese are great at math. i might've never gotten below 90% in a math exam before, but that's not to say that all chinese are the same. i'm half chinese, not fully chinese, so that's saying something.

as for the middle-eastern people, i haven't really come across any such remarks about them, but someone's bound to point that out sooner or later, as more and more discriminitive aspects of life are introduced into our society.

i really don't know what i should do to help lesson discrimination either. the best i can do at the moment is to retort against the discriminators, but even then, it doesn't always work out. i'll always be ready for a head-on argument if need be though. the idea of backing down when i could make a difference is not very appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial_angel
    we are all humas except that we are raised in different ways and have different cultures...
    and it's a sad fact that not all of us can see the world this way.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I always thought Chinese people were good at Math, especially those from Chinese schools. So you can imagine how shocked I was when I met a girl who came from one of the top Chinese schools in the state, who claimed she scored solid Cs for Math. +__+;; I thought, "How can anyone get anything less than an A for Math?? And this girl's Chinese, same as me!!!"

Maybe I put too much pride in my own race. ^^;;

Oh yes, arguments. I can't stand backing down in any battle, especially if it's one I know I can fight. That makes me a little hard to deal with... but that's not the point. I'm not a government official or anyone particularly important; I'm just a regular high school senior, and the most I can do for now (in my opinion) is keep from offending other races, or defend them when they are insulted.

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PartOfTheDEAD
    hey ever walked down a street and ppl are like hey look i'm chinese! and they pull their eyes up? well i'm saying is that fair i mean americans don't get discriminated like that just because asians are different does that mean they can be treated that way?
    i need some thoughts on that because it's bugging me..
    if this is against the rules then plz tell me
    i'm quite new this is my 1st thread
    thx 4 reading guys!
    voice your thoughts
    Do i have to be Asian to answer your thread?

...Impulsive...

Thanks

I'm not sure if this counts as some form of "discrimination", but people from my own country look at me funny just because I speak with a Canadian accent. Look, geez, it's not my problem I picked up the accent because I was surrounded by students from other countries in school!! If anything, at least I don't sound fake. +__+;; Once a bunch of girls in the train kept pointing at me and whispering while I talked to my friend on the phone. I was really pissed off. After I got off the phone I sat down next to them and said, "Don't stare. It's really rude."

... they stared back at me.

Newbie PartOfTheDEAD may be famous one day PartOfTheDEAD may be famous one day PartOfTheDEAD's Avatar
    Thanks

@blue_rebel
    hahahaha very bold of you. i wish i had the courage to do that.

Do i have to be Asian to answer your thread?
    no you do'n t have to be asain these threads are 4 everyone

everyone knows about 1st impressions right?...well if you meet me in the street you might think i was a innocent quite little girl... but once i open my mouth ..that's a different story ..lol...then they start staring..i'm like what?
    no one get's my sense of humour
    lol
    ppl judge with first impresions to i totally hate that! just because i'm an asian girl with a weird sense of humour doesn't mean you have to stare like that!!!!!!
    grr
    HAIL To Pyro_Psyco
    Who Made This Awesome Sig
    1st Females to Join the Noobie Clan

Thanks

First impressions are very important. That's why you should always be a little more cautious in front of people you're meeting for the first time.

Hahaha, I had to say it. The way they were staring at me (and probably b!tching, too), it was as though I had an "Asian scum" label on me all because of my accent. Like, "Who does she think she is? She's Asian but she's going over to the Westerners..."

Okay, so my thoughts run a little wild sometimes, but gee, why should Asians look at other Asians funny just because they speak like Caucasians?

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast