+ Reply to Thread

Thread: atlantis the lost city

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

atlantis the lost city

Atlantis, the lost city, the grat city of the past where it was ahead in technology than the rest of the world, then one day, no more.

lets say this city surivied this... unfortunate accident and was still here with us today in the year 2007. how far ahead in technology would they be compare to the rest of the world. if we didnt adapt there technology in any why.

here an example, right now we have ps3 and H-D dvds and blue ray dvds.
    they could have dvds that fill the whole room and make you feel like you are in the movie or somthing.

or that they have better cars that dosent produce anything and better equipment for surgery or a wider wange in knowledge in the universe that us?

what is your opinion?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: atlantis the lost city

It was ahead in technology?
    Why Atlantis anyway? We haven't even found it. Just take the Greco/Roman society.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubth they would be any different from the current technology leaders, why? Global economy and migration... Like the roman empire, if hey had the technological advance over the rest of the world, then they would invade it and share their resources/knowledge with the rest...

Newbie Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc's Avatar
    Thanks

Since atlantis is secluded below the sea, unless there was a civil war or something, I doubt their technology would be intensely different from when they sunk except for the tech to be able to survice in such a place since the main cause of technology is for war. It only gradually lowers down to the civilian rank long after a newer tech has been discovered.

Anyways, I'd think that they'd have found a tech to help manouver underwater easier at such a great depth.

Naruto Shippuden >> 51 | Gundam 00 >> 24 | FMA >> Ch. 81

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

O.o eeeee.... I have no idea how they could live in that little space and become more in count and so on under such conditions. I think they're probably living under strict rules as: "No love, no sex, only the royal family has the right to spread... Something like that.

And, that means they'd also think about not developing technologies too far... And they probably don't even remember how the land above the seas look, so they couldn't have things that produce an image of, for an example of a rain forest, so there's even no use of such dvds, they live with stories of old times... when they were above water and met greek mythology stars...
    At least, if I'd live under water somewhere god knows where i wouldn't possibly be looking for a possibility to see images in a big box and so on, I'd be worried of where to put my head and what to eat.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If Atlantis did exit, there is still no real evidence that they had advance technology. It is highly unlikely that an advanced civilization could exist with just the resources of a small island. An advance civilization would require foreign colonies to supply the metals and other raw materials to keep they civilization going. And that would require mining sites (with left over mining equipments) ships, (with shipping ports) and other associated infrastructure that would have survived after the destruction of the island. (And they would have survived, as we can easily find today the left over bronze age infrastructure of Roman, Greek, Minoan, and Egyptian culture) Yet none of this has ever been found...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

What Len said does make a very valid point, there would be something left behind, humans (If they were humans) are very messy beings, we produce massive amounts of trash, this is why We keep finding evidence of civilization that dates back tens of thousands of years.

Course, there is another theory that the "Atlantians" originally didn't come from this world, which formed the basis of Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, and Stargate Atlantis, and the Atlantis itself was a City ship, and that they were either the seeders of Human life (Which could explain why we still haven't found the "missing link" which should exist if humans evolved from lesser primates), or that they were a race that were very very similar to humans.

+ Reply to Thread