+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Authors and Poets of AO

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Authors and Poets of AO

Just out of curiousity, do any of the poem/fanfic writers on AO ever worry that someone will steal your work? If you post a truly great piece of work, and everyone loves it, what's to stop someone from submitting it somewhere else and claiming it as their own? Chances are, you wouldn't even know if this happened, unless the writing was actually published under someone else's name.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Authors and Poets of AO

i dont worry about that because i have everything i post copy righted
    i just dont put the copy right at the end of the poem because i post them
    here first then i go to a sight that copy rights its for me . poetry.com
    is where i go becuase thats the only place i can find that copy rights poems
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

It used to be that anything posted on AO became the property of AO. Though I think we've changed the terms of service since then.

But regardless of AO's current ToS, I don't post any of the stuff I've written here anyway. I've been here long enough to know that 99% of the opinions expressed here don't mean shit (including my own) and since I don't write fanfiction and I don't write angst poems so this is the wrong location for me.
    Last edited by Zui Quan; Nov 25, 2006 at 03:42 PM.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't post literary works here but when I do elsewhere, yeah, having them stolen is one of my main concerns. You can get them "copyrighted" online, they're still bound to get stolen anyway. I've come a cross a few poems and plenty of artwork by me, under other people's names. I may have discovered some of them... but for all I know there are still people out there who claim my works to be theirs. Oh whatever. I can't do much about it. At least I know that every time I post a piece of work (of any kind), I run the risk of having it stolen.

Mercenary SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe if they have some heart from not recopying it and not submitting it to others... Ah, nevermind... I don't mind that...

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh crud....I posted lots of poetry here.....ever since Zui said I had the longest intro I started writing on and on and on.....I hope no one stole my work.....I should maybe go copyright my stuff......

Anyone who's reading this: Please do not steal the work of others, it's hard work having good inspiration and making money off of other people puts you at the same level as Mcdo, Wallmart, Nike and any other big companies out there!!!

SLEEP!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SousukeSagara View Post
    Maybe if they have some heart from not recopying it and not submitting it to others... Ah, nevermind... I don't mind that...
    ... wait, so you mean to say you don't mind plagiarism?

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never worried. I've had no need to worry. Everything I post here is copyrighted to me from other places. Sadly, AO is the last place I post my writings.

however, if many of the writers here at AO think we should have some way to copyright your poetry like we do with the graphics here, make a post in the Feedback and Questions forum.

Those of you who would like to learn more about poetry and any other writing style might be interested in my clan, Poetry/Fanfics. We're a growing family and we practice and sharpen our talent with writing. PM me if you're interested.
    Seduced by Flesh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast