+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling Loneliness

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Battling Loneliness

The title pretty much says it. Many people don't know what it's like to be lonely because they've always had someone there for them, but for those like me who haven't always had someone loneliness can sometimes be a big issue.

I don't have alot of friends, I am not old enough to drive yet, I am homeschooled, and my boyfriend is away at college currently. I still get to talk to him but I don't get to see him much, I don't intend on breaking up with him either. We've been together for a year and 10 months, I am extremely happy with him and we've collected so many good memories together that there would be no way I would end it over distance, distance isn't really the problem and won't ever be the problem because he will be coming home every summer when school is out. The plain simple fact is...I am lonely.

I've never had anyone besides my mother who has always been there for me when I need them. Not alot of people want to deal with me because I can be such a negative person alot of the time, so people give up. Well I finally found someone and then they leave and go off to college, it's just really hard on me not having that person to fall back on and turn to. It's hard not having kisses and hugs and being held when I cry. Yes, I know life in general is hard, but some of us out there, like me, don't know how to deal with it properly. I personally barely know how to deal with it at all.

Does anyone know any good ways of dealing with loneliness? What do you do to deal with loneliness?
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Battling Loneliness

I know how you feel, after my yr 12 formal, i don't see any of my friends much anymore. there all busy, with work, tafe or somthing else so i don't see them much. I deal with it by doing somthing fun or go for a walk somewhere to burn up time.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Loneliness can b tough ta handle at times, I should know, I've been lonely nearly all of my life. One way of battlin' the loneliness, that works for me anyway, is findin' a hobby; somethin' that helps keep me preoccupied ta help pass the time. I don' have many friends myself, so hobbies help. Try paintin', that could b one way of keepin' urself preoccupied and it'll allow u ta get out any emotions that r inside u that u need ta get out; negative or otherwise. But that's jus' one of many hobbies u could choose.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well once i was lonely because i was super depressed and it seemed like verybody as mad at me and i was sad and just like kill me but im mostly not lonely but i know how you fell some advice i can give you is go out and talk to some people and if you are to scared to then try to meet a friend on the internet and because your boyfriend is in college then you might try to just get a new boyfriend .

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Hobbies and friends helps alot. Just go out and meet as may people as you can or either chat with as many as you can on the net. Eitherway it will distract you and also help you as well. Plus if you talk to alot of people and make alot of friends then they can help you out when you need it. Each person that you talk to will give you a different answer to the same question. So it's really nice to have alot of friends. But whatever way you chose I wish you the best of luck with it.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well another idea would to be set a friend post up here on animeonline.net and ask people who wants to be your friend because if you want a friend im here for you k (^-^).

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Shoot..I consider loneliness the sister that I never had..
    i cannot count the times were I realized that I am all alone...and I know exactly why and I do not blame it on anyone..while my other friends go out partying and having fun...I have the responsibility of preparing my homework and studying for tests...because I take college very seriously.....and want to have a future ahead of me....and sometimes I actually like being alone and just thinking by myself and it brings me some sort of peacefulness in my troubled life.....and since my life is so busy with sports and schools and tournaments......I do not even realize how lonely I am until my friends ask me "I have not seen you i like three weeks....where ahve you been?".....
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yeah I have alot of depression issues and am on medication for it but as anyone with common sense knows, medicine can't fix everything. I mean the medication helps but sometimes I just can't help wonder why me, and I have no clue why I get so depressed sometimes...I have a great life depsite money problems in the family and absense of friends, I just wish I could think like everyone else thinks sometimes. Then after I think that I realize how stupid it was to want to be like everyone else. I suppose i am just a really complicated person and I have a really odd way of thinking that is hard to describe in words, the only way for me to really show you would be if you were me and we all know that is impossible lol.

Thanks for all the comments so far, there was some really helpful advice ^-^
    Last edited by Echo; Mar 01, 2008 at 05:15 PM.
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Echo For This Useful Post:

Astaroth (Mar 01, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast