View Poll Results: do you belive"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

47 94.00%
  • no

3 6.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Well yeah. Everyone's got their own opinion. You and I both have different tastes. Nuff said.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Not everyone will find certain people attractive... it's just a matter of opinion, like blue_rebel said. So I agree, it is in the eye of the beholder.
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    I think that beuty is in the eye of the beholder because not everyone thinks the same thing is beutifull.
    I think the exact same thing. Some people might think something so beautiful, while someone else thinks it funny looking or weird. ^_^ That's why I think it is in the eye of the beholder... It depends on the person and what they see. ^_^
    Last edited by Darkened_Star; Feb 14, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

well duh! i believe and after all you're the beholder according to the quote.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

So it looks like the answer is obvious. What you think is beautifulis what you like. . . .
    Last edited by alex1_phang3; Feb 15, 2007 at 05:42 AM.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, physical beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, but the inner beauty, discovering it, is not so easy a task ~!!! I do believe that for some people this sort is an exception, since it is quite very possible to read them off their faces, but it doesn't apply to all, of course. For many, their appearances hide their greatness, or their inner universe, filled with admirable qualities - I believe ~!!!!! Yes, I am not at all surprised to see people admire or possibly adore someone just merely for their looks, initially.. without even knowing that person and even after having realized that he or she.. whom you admire, doesn't know you exist, but I stand baffled when I see someone discharge others from consideration of mere friendship just because their looks aren't agreeable to their standards.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Yeah, physical beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, but the inner beauty, discovering it, is not so easy a task ~!!! I do believe that for some people this sort is an exception, since it is quite very possible to read them off their faces, but it doesn't apply to all, of course. For many, their appearances hide their greatness, or their inner universe, filled with admirable qualities - I believe ~!!!!! Yes, I am not at all surprised to see people admire or possibly adore someone just merely for their looks, initially.. without even knowing that person and even after having realized that he or she.. whom you admire, doesn't know you exist, but I stand baffled when I see someone discharge others from consideration of mere friendship just because their looks aren't agreeable to their standards.
    As usual, most of the thread is answered
    Beauty is something you create by yourself and by this, the generalisation of the word beauty is good looking, cute, and heart warming...

Looks can be decieving and yet people tend to judge other people with good looks, and some people I know get away with almost any bad thing because they are "hot" or "gorgeous".
    A person might be beautiful but could be the complete opposite inside.
    Also some kids might not be so good looking and cute like their parents expected but to them and especially the mother the child is beautiful. [sorry if I sound lame >_<]

And beauty can also relate to a thing or a place as well.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

To me, beauty is indeed in the the eye of the beholder. Beauty is what people make of it, or rather, how they see it. Beauty is a priority in most cases when it comes to choosing who you want to spend your time with, but as Kedar mentioned, sometimes beauty isn't everything. It can give a false sense of security or promise to the other person, hiding their true identity and/or intentions. Inner beauty and outer beauty go hand in hand on this one, but it all does truly lie in the eyes of the beholder. Because once again, they are the ones who really see outside of the box.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast