View Poll Results: do you belive"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

47 94.00%
  • no

3 6.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I believe there are two types of beauty. Physical beauty and true beauty. Physical beauty is only skin deep and anyone can see it in a person. True beauty is rarely seen, and will be in that person long after age has washed the physical beauty away. So yes, I would say beauty "is" in the eye of the beholder. It just depends on "who" that beholder is. This is why you can't look down on yourself just because 1 person isn't attracted to you. You have to be able to love yourself first "before" you can expect anyone to love you. Besides, if someone isn't attracted to you just shake it off, that just means they don't see the "real you" and they are not "the one". Just keep being yourself, don't be something you're not or it "will" backfire later. When you found that special someone while being yourself, it will be the happiest time of your life.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

This quote holds true on so many levels. The reason I say this is you can have a person who is not so attractive, but can have a beautiful personality. Also there are those people who have a beautiful outer appearence, and can have the most jacked up attitude in the world! So the statement "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is definitely a good one! I personally feel it allows you to make a better descision not based off of looks! Very good question.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox1 View Post
    This quote holds true on so many levels. The reason I say this is you can have a person who is not so attractive, but can have a beautiful personality. Also there are those people who have a beautiful outer appearance, and can have the most jacked up attitude in the world! So the statement "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is definitely a good one! I personally feel it allows you to make a better decision not based off of looks! Very good question.
    Yeah, but if shes uglier than a stick. You can never be attracted to her. Personality is fine, but you need some attraction for a serious relationship to work. Otherwise best of friends is all you'll be.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I would say that beauty is in the eye of beholder because I know my self that i am not that attactive yet to my bf I am "Perfect". Even if he tries to convince me otherwise. What really matters is that yes i am flattered he thinks I am perfect. But really In each other's eyes we are perfect for each other and what is partly what Love is about. Seeing someone for who they really are and Admiring them and loving them for that purpose.

When you love someone, you love every part of them and nothing can sway you away from that person because to them they are perfect and nothing is going to change you mind. Beauty is about how we see other people. Yes i go for personality rather than looks because i go for someone who is a friend and that i get on really well with. If it progresses into something more than it does and I won't try and stop it. For love is a natural thing and the same goes for natural inner beauty. Because for me when you go for someone who just has the looks then you could later find out that it doesn't work out and thats what i found out in previous relationships. Like is Shallow Hal. No matter what kind of person he was going for first. His views changed when we went for someone with inner beauty and got on better with that person.

So yeah i would say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that really personality is key (in my opinion anyway).
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yeah, but if shes uglier than a stick. You can never be attracted to her. Personality is fine, but you need some attraction for a serious relationship to work. Otherwise best of friends is all you'll be.
    LOL, i knew i'd see one of miro's posts said like this XD,
    but liek all his other posts, he's always correct. You also never know when you'll eventually start to like that "stick ugly" person though, im just saying though XD.

but the eye of the beholder thing is pretty true, its like trying to judge whether someone else's taste is bad or not, you just arent able to do that.
    Like myself and my friend, it doesnt matter how close we are, we just have different taste in a 'beautiful' girl, but like always, he's pretty wrong at times it makes me worry lol.

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Well you might be right about that, but it shouldn't be based off of looks! I mean sure a little appearence never hurt anyone, but appearence isn't what keeps a relationship together now is it. I mean sure you might meet a beautiful girl but if her attitude is messed up are you really going to waste your time talking to someone like that? All I'm saying is personality is what I would look for and you are entitled to your own opinion, I'm not bashing you for that! And then again it can be the other way around she may not find you attractive (the proverbial ugly stick as you would call it! lol!) and put you in the friend zone and what are you going to do? Either way the statement that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" proves true from every aspect of the statement.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

As an artist and a person, I say yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone's perception of beauty is the same. We have many quotes all through out history that reflect simular sentiments.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox1 View Post
    Well you might be right about that, but it shouldn't be based off of looks! I mean sure a little appearence never hurt anyone, but appearence isn't what keeps a relationship together now is it. I mean sure you might meet a beautiful girl but if her attitude is messed up are you really going to waste your time talking to someone like that? All I'm saying is personality is what I would look for and you are entitled to your own opinion, I'm not bashing you for that! And then again it can be the other way around she may not find you attractive (the proverbial ugly stick as you would call it! lol!) and put you in the friend zone and what are you going to do? Either way the statement that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" proves true from every aspect of the statement.
    I never said i didn't want personality. Its key to me too, but i need to be attracted to them at least a little. Believe it or not sex is a important part of a relationship. I too would dump a babe if she had a horrible personality. No matter how good the sex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast