View Poll Results: do you belive"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

47 94.00%
  • no

3 6.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox1 View Post
    I personally feel it allows you to make a better descision not based off of looks! Very good question.
    [Physical] "beauty is only skin deep" matches that well ~ Yet knowingly people earn attraction to a complete stranger or even go far to idolize him/her for mere looks sake, mentally worshiping them for reasons that are far off distance. Distracted in that nature, one forgets to see those waiting to be accepted by him/her, letting them permeate unnoticed... Thus, I believe it's essential to recognize and value affection/compassion that is kept in hand, offered to you, waiting for you to reach out.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yeah, but if shes uglier than a stick. You can never be attracted to her. Personality is fine, but you need some attraction for a serious relationship to work. Otherwise best of friends is all you'll be.
    It's difficult to acquire a true friend if your appearance is not without the range of their standards. There are exceptions, but it truly applies to vast majority in todays society across the world.

Banned ABC Crazy Champion flaminghate may be famous one day flaminghate may be famous one day
    Thanks

wow O.o
    I don't know one simple little question can get so much welll...
    so much attention.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

The image of one person it is not all... even though the message from mass media is the contrary... The real beauty is in how you respect others and how you interact with human beings. The superficial beauty is that "superfical." A person is not going to be physically beautiful all the years of his/her life... but the inner beauty even changes lives...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

I say yes, anyone remember the movie shallow hal, that is pertaining to this subject.

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

I guess it depends on what your talking about. If its about people then no. A person can be physically considerd ugly like if they have a crooked nose or a lazy eye, but i dont know anyone that considers things like that ugly. But when a person is overweight, they dont brush their hair, they have a unibrow, stuff like that it shows that they dont have any respect for themselves or their image. Im not saying that everyone needs to look like a model but everyone can take care of themselves create a look that is right for them. Personal respect is very important to me when it comes to beauty and the eye of the beholder.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    I guess it depends on what your talking about. If its about people then no. A person can be physically considerd ugly like if they have a crooked nose or a lazy eye, but i dont know anyone that considers things like that ugly. But when a person is overweight, they dont brush their hair, they have a unibrow, stuff like that it shows that they dont have any respect for themselves or their image. Im not saying that everyone needs to look like a model but everyone can take care of themselves create a look that is right for them. Personal respect is very important to me when it comes to beauty and the eye of the beholder.
    Totally agree with you in this one. Taking care for oneself helps a lot!!!!!
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Beauty is relative. To a person who really wants someone most people are beautiful but if they really care they see past the outside beauty.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

Ah, sorry, if I had known we already had a thread like this I wouldn't have started one.

My dad says that although they're are tastes, that things can be absolutely bad, and if someone likes them, they're wrong. Now, he does think people can differ some on opinion, but he believes that if someone likes certain things that he feels are low quality (take anime for example), that people are wrong when they say they like them.

Do you agree or disagree with him, and why?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast