+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: being branded

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: being branded

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    what about you anyways what do u think
    Hey, come to think of it, I don't think I ever was labeled, at least not to my knowledge, that is. However, I am curious to know what group people would categorize me under. Hmmm *scratches head* No idea, it's a tuffy call!

Smooch sticker, perhaps?

Well, in any case, I believe it's human to group people into certain classes. Nothing is truly wrong, just so as long as the doer doesn't build hatred, stigmatize, and degrade a person and his/her self-expression ~!! In a way, it's sort of like how biologists classify plants and animals. They do so to identify and distinguish living entities that share many similarities in life yet differ on certain fundamental aspects [Physical, chemical, behavioral, ex cetera].

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm, I tend not to agree with a great many people here. I dont think theres much of a point to LABEL a clique, or to brand.. ect.

I do realize it is natrual for people to hang in groups. But that, to me should have little to do with a label.

If you're finding others to socialize with based on weather they'd be labeled a punk, or goth, emo, skater... ect. To me you're just being lazy, and if they're trying to "FIT IN" to a group they're lazy as well. Its just a way to go around the effort it takes to get to know someone.

You should pick socially who you relate to based on who they are. Who a person is has less to do with music types and clothing (which is how most people fit into a clique), and more to do with life experiences, and common interests.
    You'll never know if you truely relate to someone just because youre both gothic. Rather you relate because you have simular life experiences, or iterests.

Basically, don't judge a book by its cover. But by its content.
    How confused would you be if you walked into the library and the books were sorted by color or something.
    ... Not Ever Again...

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it happens so much in the Asian region, unless you go to an international school. For as long as I was in a secondary school I didn't really have a "brand" on me, nor did anyone else have a "brand" per se. There was the occasional "personality", i.e. the cheerleader type, the nerd, but generally everyone was too busy minding their own business to bother about chucking people into cliques. I suspect the fact that I was in a convent most of the time had something to do with it. In 12th grade, though, when I was in a co-ed school, I was "one of the guys" - because I always hung out with the guys.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

It occurs in a lot of places,but being branded doesn't show who you really are,only what you appear to be.I guess people put you in groups because they want to somehow rocognise you depending on your status.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

It's basically stereotyping people and quite frankly I don't think it's right to put people in groups just cause we are all different. In my opinion, all it does is create low self-esteem because kids are getting picked on for just being different.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I supose I was branded many different "classes" when I was in school as well. From skater, stoner, nerd or jock but come to think of it, it was usually by the people I hung out with not the oppisite. I noticed that when a bunch of people who generally get a long with eachother hang out they tend to classify themselves into one category or another. As it's been said already most of these people who do get along usually share some kind of the same life experiences or similarities thus making it easier to bond with eachother. You're always going to have those shallow people who judge a book by it's cover and never get to know someone because they look different or think differently then you, that's just society. So my belief is that it's the people who choose to hang out together that make the "branding" actually happen. I'm not saying it's wrong to hang out with others you can agree with or anything like that, just that when groups want to hang out together they want to be known as something, for something or about something. Eh, seems that way to me.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Labels suck and don't mean sh!t.

People just give you a name to either make themselves feel better ABOUT themselves, or just to be cool and call people names. It's stupid and makes no sense.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Labels suck and don't mean sh!t.

People just give you a name to either make themselves feel better ABOUT themselves, or just to be cool and call people names. It's stupid and makes no sense.
    Really, I don't see why you've got to be so bitter about it. :S Just laugh them off! That's what it was like in my former hs. Everyone labeled everyone, but everyone also didn't take the labels seriously. I've done just much labeling/stereotyping as I have been labeled/stereotyped, so I can't exactly frown upon it myself... but gee, just... laugh about it, y'know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast