+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: being branded

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: being branded

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Really, I don't see why you've got to be so bitter about it. :S Just laugh them off! That's what it was like in my former hs. Everyone labeled everyone, but everyone also didn't take the labels seriously. I've done just much labeling/stereotyping as I have been labeled/stereotyped, so I can't exactly frown upon it myself... but gee, just... laugh about it, y'know?
    It's not funny.
    It's sad.

It's sad to know how low humanity can stoop.
    It doesn't only happen in HSs.

Newbie Sazurii is off to a good start Sazurii's Avatar
    Thanks

That was kinda hard to make sense of. I havent really been branded. My friends say if they didnt know me they would think im a prep because i dress like one. everyone is just prejudice. its natural i guess
    No Way! I'm The Beautiful One Dammit!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    It's not funny.
    It's sad.

It's sad to know how low humanity can stoop.
    It doesn't only happen in HSs.
    I know the last bit.

But suit yourself anyway. Life gets really miserable if you choose to see everything in a negative light. If things can be laughed off, I say laugh them off, and everyone's happy. I don't see why labeling should be an exception.

Thanks

Laughing off things that can break a person makes that certain individual a jerk.

I do not see everything in "a negative light". I just tend to see things the way they are. Denial isn't a thing for me. Labels do hurt people, whether you choose to believe it or not. You can "laugh it off" and be a hypocrite, or you can do something about it and not label. It's a choice people have to make.

<&&> People who label others to make themselves look better are just pathetic and need a life.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Laughing off things that can break a person makes that certain individual a jerk.

I do not see everything in "a negative light". I just tend to see things the way they are. Denial isn't a thing for me. Labels do hurt people, whether you choose to believe it or not. You can "laugh it off" and be a hypocrite, or you can do something about it and not label. It's a choice people have to make.

<&&> People who label others to make themselves look better are just pathetic and need a life.
    Mmmm. I'm a jerk.

Who says you have to be a hypocrite? I'm talking about laughing off labels that are pasted on ME, not on other people. If I were to get mad each time someone tried to stereotype me I'd be a pretty... mad person by now. So someone sticks a negative label on me. I can do a few things in response. Get mad and retaliate. Whine. Sit in a corner and cry. I don't like any of those, so I just brush it off and laugh, because I know the label doesn't fit. Even if it does, why bother? There's always a + and - side to things. I just... take it in my stride. I always used to admire people who could be patient about things like this. I'm glad I'm on my way to becoming one of those people.

So yeah. It is a pain, but if everyone were to just look on the bright side we all wouldn't be such miserable wrecks. Hm. This actually merits a whole thread of its own, if someone would care to make one.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmmm... nice topic....
    Anyways: I have always thought that individuals have the need of identifying themselves with something to be different from others. So the groups that one sees in HS I think that are made up by the same people that once criticized them...
    Let's not go that far from here in AO: what group of ppl is member of AO? those who like at least a lil bit of anime... and almost all of us get along because we have a same interest: the glorious anime.
    I think is the same on the real world.... people that have at lest two or three things in common are formed in groups most of the time....
    In example: in the University there are a variety of international students... and one can identify them pretty easily: the hispanic ppl sit together in luch and we hang more togetherthan we do with other "americans".... The ppl from Nepal sit together and they actually have a particular table.... there is a common interest that puts them together: their country and their language... it goes the same for the hispanics... the things that makes us get along pretty well and to have a group is our language and our heritage.... well it is the same: cheerleaders with chearleaders, gothic ppl with gothic ppl.... and so on.... there are some exceptions... but that is the way that pretty much is.....

However... the fact that someone "belongs" to a group does not give him/her the right to reject or to make fun of one whom does "not belong"...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    However... the fact that someone "belongs" to a group does not give him/her the right to reject or to make fun of one whom does "not belong"...
    I can't really see a jock laughing at someone for not being called a jock.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I can't really see a jock laughing at someone for not being called a jock.
    I believe she's talking about cliques. They usually make outsiders feel unwelcome and un-important.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast