+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Black History Month

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Black History Month

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    I have,do agree there should be some kinda celebration but there are other cultures that disurve the same respect as the African Americans?? for instance the native American there history is allot longer then eny other and they have suffered just the same over even more than African Americans,the only thing im saying its kinda unfair that there is only one month in a yr that celebrates one minority.
    Well, If I had it my way.. Our country would be ran the tribal ways of the natives... But that is unrealistic.. As far as a "history month" or celebration, Native Americans Have certain rights we dont have (especially on the confinements of a reservation) as well as certain exemptions to laws. They have all year round, although I'm sure they deserve more.

My point being... After African American slaves were free, there was a promise of restitution ( 40 acres of land, and muel for every slave). This I suppose was also found to be unrealistic because it never happened. There was no compensation for slavery of even an attempt. What DID happen is a continuum of segregation. Whereas even after the freedom of slaves, African Americans still had to fight for equal rights. And the civil war WASNT that long ago.

So why would one debate "Black History Month" black history is a very real and important aspect of american history. Being as a Chinese history would be traced back to china... Japanese history to japan, ect... African American history STARTS right here in america, because any past prior was brainwashed from every slave.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Feb 15, 2007 at 09:23 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Well, If I had it my way.. Our country would be ran the tribal ways of the natives... But that is unrealistic.. As far as a "history month" or celebration, Native Americans Have certain rights we dont have (especially on the confinements of a reservation) as well as certain exemptions to laws. They have all year round, although I'm sure they deserve more.

My point being... After African American slaves were free, there was a promise of restitution ( 40 acres of land, and muel for every slave). This I suppose was also found to be unrealistic because it never happened. There was no compensation for slavery of even an attempt. What DID happen is a continuum of segregation. Whereas even after the freedom of slaves, African Americans still had to fight for equal rights. And the civil war WASNT that long ago.

So why would one debate "Black History Month" black history is a very real and important aspect of American history. Being as a Chinese history would be traced back to china... Japanese history to japan, ect... African American history STARTS right here in America, because any past prior was brainwashed from every slave.
    Yes, but that still doesn't require a history month all for themselves. They're history is our history. And when you have something that singles them out like black history month, it further segregates them form society. What happen in the past is the past. Like i said before a history month wont change that. They're history is our history and should be celebrated all year around as part of American history. As for " "Black History Month" black history is a very real and important aspect of American history", so is alot of other races. Like the American Indians, Irish, Spanish, polish, German..etc Where is there history month. Dont they count. The reason we have a Black History Month is because the gov still fells guilty for what it did in the past, and is still trying to make up for it.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with Peach_follows.

May I point out African American haven't have right not even over 50 years in America.

¬.¬ Spare me your barking about a Race getting a month. Its better when it has to do with Regilon.

I have you know Black History month Inspirational a lot of African Americans kids, and teens.

You must note African Americans have not really a background, there is NONE! Just what they know here, and the little in the text books.

Compare to the Africans overseas. African Americans know nothing of there heritage, Unless you go there, but still there is really nothing. I mean 500 years to take out a whole Races Meaning in Life can really mess with some people.

Note other minorities at least know there native touges. I think African Americans got nothing. Where is it all written?.... No where.

Its not all about Blaming who, or why, or when.

This is a Movement for a Race of people that are starting over. 1964-2007...

¬.¬......... So Black History Month is heritage

Its not about Starting up Conflict. Its about Maintaining it.

Finally A consider a Human again...

As for the Topic. ^_^ I pick the guy that came up with the Blood bank. I've just known him for a long time, and when I was in 3/4 grade I choose him.

@Miroku4444: St Patrick's day = Irish. Germans Have History to go back to, and everyone knows the Native American's were Robbed of there Land. That the Spanish have there culture. As for the polish. I do not know.

As for
    And when you have something that singles them out like black history month, it further segregates them form society.
    I don't single the Irish [or scoottis.. idk] out for St. Patrick's Day, and when Spanish people have many holidays which I have heard of, and I don't slam the door in there face. They don't make you celebrate it. Its just something notice.

So please tell me where you getting at. Is it wrong for Africans Americans to have a little Culture in America?

Its not like we have anything else.
    Last edited by Mr. K; Feb 15, 2007 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Fixing something
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

I thought it was strange, I just found out Americas BHM is differant to the UKs (October over here). Over here it seems to be a celebration more on the focus of music rather than history. Although I share the thought against a singled minority month, I usually just enjoy the celebrations and respect the ideals.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

The White Man better give my people a history month. You kidnap my ancestors from their native land, subjugate them to physical and sexual abuse for 400 years and free them only to make them second class citizens. After the White Man frees my ancestors from slavery they still treat them less than humans and more like animals to this very day.

I'll tell you another thing. The White Man better have a Hispanic history month pretty soon too.

Oh Miroku there are also, Filipino, Asian and Pacific Islander history months too.

Because I know someone is going to say this if they already haven't. White People get a history month 12 months out of the year.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

@Miroku4444: St Patrick's day = Irish. Germans Have History to go back to, and everyone knows the Native American's were Robbed of there Land. That the Spanish have there culture. As for the polish. I do not know.
    Only a day? Yes they have that, but are they recognized? Do the Germans, Polish, Irish, or Spanish have a nationally recognized holiday? No!! Also, You would think Indians who were robbed of there land would have a American Indian history month.

I don't single the Irish out for St. Patrick's Day, and when Spanish people have many holidays which I have heard of, and I don't slam the door in there face. They don't make you celebrate it. Its just something notice.

So please tell me where you getting at. Is it wrong for Africans Americans to have a little Culture in America?

Its not like we have anything else.
    Well i don't think St. Patrick's Day its a national holiday, and also its just a day. I don't think you can really compare it to black history month. Yes the Spanish have many holidays, but not a national holidays. I have nothing against Africans Americans having a little Culture in America? I just disagree with the singling out part. Instead of a Black History month, why not have more holidays like MLK day. Celebrating famous African Americans.

Oh Miroku there are also, Filipino, Asian and Pacific Islander history months too.
    Thats the first i heard of that. Are we talking here in the US or the UK?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Feb 15, 2007 at 02:47 PM.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    See this i don't get. I find Black history month kinda racist. Why should one single race have a month for themselves. If whites did this it be chaos. Why not a more appropriate minority history month instead? I mean if i was Hispanic, Chinese, Japanese, id be really pissed.
    I'm hispanic and we have a month for ourselves as well..

Hispanic Heritage Month..

Hispanic Heritage Month begins on September 15, the anniversary of independence for five Latin American countries—Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. In addition, Mexico declared its independence on September 16, and Chile on September 18.
    Anyways, I like Martin Luther King. He did a crapload of work for everyone..not only blacks..he emphasized equality for all...

yeah..hes cool..

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Only a day? Yes they have that, but are they recognized? Do the Germans, Polish, Irish, or Spanish have a nationally recognized holiday? No!! Also, You would think Indians who were robbed of there land would have a American Indian history month.

Well i don't think St. Patrick's Day its a national holiday, and also its just a day. I don't think you can really compare it to black history month. Yes the Spanish have many holidays, but not a national holidays. I have nothing against Africans Americans having a little Culture in America? I just disagree with the singling out part. Instead of a Black History month, why not have more holidays like MLK day. Celebrating famous African Americans.
    Its called a Movement Miroku4444! Black History Month is Inspirational. You think they give a rat butt about who don't like?

Miroku4444 Your getting your timezones Mix up. All these Nationallities you speak of. "Have a Background"

Indians/ Native Americans. know this is there Land. As for in "Alaska!" They pay them up here. Thats there Movement. Hush hush Money. ¬.¬ and there is a Part in the Text books when it comes to Native Americans. They are Seen.

Its just one month. A month just to show Africans Americans there is such thing as a change and a movement. That Some have made it far.

Why don't you get its about giving hope, and not segregation.

I know my history Miroku4444.

Indians, Germans, Irish, Japanese, ects. All have History.

Its seen in Text books, and of Times of conflict.

This month Just Focus about one thing, in schools and in society.

As for MLK Day. Thats just one man! One man that made it happen for Africans Americans, and for many more. He has to be notice.

Note that none of the people in Black History month are in few text books.

If your a African American and they ask you your Past. What do you say? If they ask you want your Race has done for this world. What do you say?

Here's one. "Oh I don't know it because my grant grandparents [x10] were taken, and sold just to build America. I don't know what comes before that sorry (v.v)"

"Um we help build America, and umm got are rights in 1964, and we are just making are way up from there we need more time!"

why not have more holidays like MLK day. Celebrating famous African Americans.
    At the time these African Americans were doing these great things for the world. No one was noticing them.

This is in there Honor. This is just something called a little Respect.

What do other Races do for Respect. I do not know.

Note these guys WEREN'T Noticed for there actions for the world! They can't just give them all a day, so they give them a Month.

Since they all worked together for a movement, that took so long to be seen.

The only reason this one is so notice, is because you see it that way. cause other races have history months as well. You notice it. Thank you. ^^

But note this: Its not the Only ones having a month. If a race that doesn't have a month, I bet they have days for every single person that made that movement for there culture..
    Last edited by Mr. K; Feb 15, 2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Fixing something
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast