+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A borrower or lender be

Newbie Francis is off to a good start Francis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A borrower or lender be

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    no i wouldnt, money is materialistic compared to the realness of friendship. Unless the money was really needed back its always good to give time to recollect it back so it can be repaid. like you said with the economy being really crappy and him also having finacial issues, you shouldnt throw this friendship away just yet. He may just be hiding from you now since you keep telling him about repaining you.

unless he goes and buys something worth that or more, is when you really need to get ahold of him and consider how things are between the two of you and your friendship.
    I must disagree. If the friend in question really is a friend, I suppose he'd have the decency and good sense to repay the loan as soon as he could, even if you did tell him to pay you back whenever he can. Otherwise, he was simply taking advantage. The loss of a couple hundred is nothing compared to the fact that you'll never have to owe him anything again, much less greet him whenever you pass each other by. But that's just my opinion.

Which also brings to mind a little quote I've stumbled upon not too long ago:

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine.
    If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

Sig courtesy of kittypurrrrfect

Newbie diamond is off to a good start
    Thanks

well i usually don't really like to lend people money. it seems super troublesome when you are chasing the person just to return the money to you. =x

anyway i hardly bring much money out so i doubt people ask to borrow from me. but about ending the friendship? maybe after the person return me the money.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i would since 200 bucks dosn't just grow on tree's
    and i was taught to never trust anyone once you leave
    your house , and lending money to someone like you
    did is a good example of why you shouldnt trust anyone.

freindship is good but trust is something that is to uncertain
    to just be lending money or anything for that matter to others.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    I must disagree. If the friend in question really is a friend, I suppose he'd have the decency and good sense to repay the loan as soon as he could, even if you did tell him to pay you back whenever he can. Otherwise, he was simply taking advantage. The loss of a couple hundred is nothing compared to the fact that you'll never have to owe him anything again, much less greet him whenever you pass each other by. But that's just my opinion.

Which also brings to mind a little quote I've stumbled upon not too long ago:
    while thats true sometimes situations call for someone to pay back money when they can, especially if they are in a finacial stunt like alot of peole are today. Most situations ive been in calling on this issue of late ive had to wait for a loan to be paid back since its getting harder for alot of people to pay for their bills, and payments so they come into some kind of debt.

though its always better to pay a loan back as fast as possible, sometimes the money is needed for something more important to keep someone afloat.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2