Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Braces a waste of money?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are Braces a waste of money?

Take this woman as an example an orthodontis would take a look at her and say she needs some work on her teeth.
    http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7963/0300jy.jpg

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Yep its true they are a waste of money. I had em and they didn't do anything. They said I ahd an overbite and that they'd fix it. My teeth didn't move the whole three years I had em. So I'd say yeah, they are a gigantic watse of money and resources.
    Your teeth don't move to fix an overbite your entire jaw does. Do you still have one?

An overbite Shodokan is when your mouth is closed and there is a significant gap between your bottom front teeth and the top front teeth. It makes them look horselike.

I had an overbite and it was fixed in 2 years with a retainer. I couldn't use braces because they also had to spread the roof of my mouth because it was to narrow. It worked very well and was worth it, eventually.

PS. I don't think most people would be looking at your examples teeth.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

My younger sister is in desperate need of braces. She has ROWS of teeth (her primaries haven't fallen out, so her secondaries are coming in behind them . . . like in a shark's mouth). She's currently getting her pate widened so that the orthodontist can put the braces in. She broke her appliance, though, so she's paying our mum bit by bit. (She'll be paying for years . . .)

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay. My top teeth totally overlap my bottom teeth and an orthodontois would say I need some work done. Even though they've never caused me any physical pain and I can eat and chew normally.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Braces aren't a waste of money. Speech, eating and other mouth problems can be caused by crooked teeth and therefore, orthodontics are not a waste of money at all.

However, I do believe that braces/retainers and the treatment are too expensive. Especially because the treatment can take 2 to 3 years.

Thanks

My point is everyone that most people who get braces really don't need them. Unless your teeth cause physical problems like the ones divine_punishment described you don't need braces. Your teeth don't need to be perfectly straight.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

There was an actor many years ago who only starred in Westerns. He refused to get braces because he claimed people of the old west in the nineteenth century didn't have perfectly straight teeth, so neither would he to add credence to the story.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

An overbite is when your teeth come out too far. Some people have it really bad and they look like donkeys (no offense to anyone0 but I didn't and they really hurt!

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast