Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Braces a waste of money?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are Braces a waste of money?

An overbite Shodokan is when your mouth is closed and there is a significant gap between your bottom front teeth and the top front teeth. It makes them look horselike.
    Close, but you forgot something. There is a significant gap between your bottom front teeth and the top front teeth, in which usually the top teeth stick out over the bottom ones.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow we gettin' technical now. I just hated the things. Made me miserable all through middle school. And they cut into my jaw, I always tasted blood in the morning.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Rip off. A total waste of money and resources. Nobody cares if some of your teeth are a little crooked. It's rather annoting to see people how much they have to suffer.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ well, it was a waste for me since i only wore the braces, and never bothered with the headgear or rubberbands or anything like that. And i didn't really didn't get to have a say in the matter either.

However, a lot of people do hav really nasty teeth and they need braces! i'm sure there are lots of different precidures that would take as long and be less expensive, but we haven't heard about them yet... or it's just a consiperacy to KEEP them down...

^_^ i like consipracy thepries best!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I actually had braces as an alternative to dental surgery.

One of my teeth still hadn't come in, and when they took x-rays, the tooth that was suppose to be coming in was actually almost growing horizontal, unable to move anywhere because my other tooth was in the way. It was either open up my gums and pull the tooth down, or, where braces and adjust it back into place. Did it, worked perfectly, and now my teeth are perfectly fine now.

I never wanted to do it for looks, but braces definately can be helpful, even if it means a couple years of living annoying metal in your mouth.

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... braces aren't a waste of money if you seriously need them. I'm currently wearing braces myself, because the front teeth on the upper portion of my mouth were sticking out (I think that it's that overbite thingy)! Well, it's a bit fine now, and they'll remove it in a year and a half... but then I'll have to wear retainers because they said that my teeth are still developing and will only be fully developed when I'm already an adult (which I am not yet).

But, of course, they said that braces are somewhat of a status symbol because they're expensive, so that may be the reason why people who don't need them still would want to wear them!

mmhmm.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Ninety percent of people I know who get braces don't need them. Their teeth are perfectly fine. I never noticed anything wrong with their teeth and neither has anyone else. No one cares if your teeth are a little crooked. I personally think orthodontics are ripping people off.
    Then that's really their problem, isn't it?

It's not just crooked teeth than can be fixed with braces. My teeth are perfectly straight, and I've got braces because I have an overbite, and I personally think it looks awful from the side. That's why I got my teeth pulled out and am having them pushed back - to reduce the overbite. And just because YOU don't notice anything wrong with a person's teeth, it doesn't necessarily mean there IS nothing wrong with his/her teeth.

@ Rave_Grip: I'm pretty sure you decide for yourself whether or not you need braces. It's not as though the dentist grabs you, ties you up and forces you to get your braces done. And what's all this gibberish about suffering? It doesn't hurt one bit.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Then that's really their problem, isn't it?

It's not just crooked teeth than can be fixed with braces. My teeth are perfectly straight, and I've got braces because I have an overbite, and I personally think it looks awful from the side. That's why I got my teeth pulled out and am having them pushed back - to reduce the overbite. And just because YOU don't notice anything wrong with a person's teeth, it doesn't necessarily mean there IS nothing wrong with his/her teeth.
    So basically what you guys are telling me is that an overbite is when your top teeth overlap your bottom teeth. That doesn't sound so bad to me. My top teeth totally overlap my bottom teeth and it hasn't caused me any problems what so ever.

When I say me and other people haven't noticed anything wrong with someone's teeth I mean if they are doing it to improve their appearance it's really not that bad. Why would you fix something that no one but yourself sees a problem with. It's like it's really not there and you're the only one who sees it.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast