+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bratz vs. Barbie

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Bratz vs. Barbie

Ok so I have a niece turning 4 next month so I went out shopping for a toy. As I was walking down the Barbie isle (She loves barbie) I was thinking about all the lawsuits and problems Mattel was having a few years ago with Barbies image. Although a successful pilot, teacher, mom, wife, doctor, veterinarian (dont know how to spell, sorry), soldier, secretary, model, ceo and who knows what else, parents were mad that her porportions were too perfect for their little girls (and some boys) to idolize. So mattel changed barbie from a victoria secret model to a small breasted, flat footed normal (almost normal) woman. Having been out of the Barbie market for a while I was surprised at how many new dolls there were. The new Kelly series and my little ponies are back (horraay!!) and a new doll called bratz. The bratz doll was the weirdest I had ever seen, her head is huge in comparison to her body she has an even smaller waist than her wrists and is covered the worst makup, clothing and accessories I had ever seen. Then they also had baby bratz! They looked like baby prostitutes! So far I havnt heard any lawsuits being filed against this doll, but what kind of message does that send to little girls?! A girl so skinny it makes the rest of her look out of proportion? and makup that looks like she should be on a corner? Personally I think Barbie is better and while I dont think a doll should effect a girls personal thoughts of image, how can a doll so disgusting make her feel good about herself? Sorry I know this is an earful but what do you think?

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Bratz vs. Barbie

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    Ok so I have a niece turning 4 next month so I went out shopping for a toy. As I was walking down the Barbie isle (She loves barbie) I was thinking about all the lawsuits and problems Mattel was having a few years ago with Barbies image. Although a successful pilot, teacher, mom, wife, doctor, veterinarian (dont know how to spell, sorry), soldier, secretary, model, ceo and who knows what else, parents were mad that her porportions were too perfect for their little girls (and some boys) to idolize. So mattel changed barbie from a victoria secret model to a small breasted, flat footed normal (almost normal) woman. Having been out of the Barbie market for a while I was surprised at how many new dolls there were. The new Kelly series and my little ponies are back (horraay!!) and a new doll called bratz. The bratz doll was the weirdest I had ever seen, her head is huge in comparison to her body she has an even smaller waist than her wrists and is covered the worst makup, clothing and accessories I had ever seen. Then they also had baby bratz! They looked like baby prostitutes! So far I havnt heard any lawsuits being filed against this doll, but what kind of message does that send to little girls?! A girl so skinny it makes the rest of her look out of proportion? and makup that looks like she should be on a corner? Personally I think Barbie is better and while I dont think a doll should effect a girls personal thoughts of image, how can a doll so disgusting make her feel good about herself? Sorry I know this is an earful but what do you think?
    The Bratz feet always fall off and get lost! And I agree with you about the Bratz babies! That's how alot of people dress now! But I don't why they did that to those dolls. I don't play with Barbies and other dolls anymore. The Barbies seem better because they're feet can't fall off and get lost. I really don't care about them the kids can play with those big-eyed Bratz dolls if they want to or those barbies that have been around for years! It's their choice.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bratz vs. Barbie

Bratz = Your child will go out get a Lip job, and take out about 3 of there Ribs, and look like the clown man did there make up. :P

Brabie = Make your child stove there finger down there troat. Noes Job, Face Lefted, Lip reduction, boob Job ect//..

As far as I've seen.

They want the new generation to look like hoes. Let it go.

With time, and the new generation, Hormos come faster. Blosom faster too. [ITS IN THE FOOD!!]
    >.> I guess little 5 year olds want the mini skirt.

O_O I saw this boy I thought was 18, and he was 13. @_@ Talk about Hormos eh?
    I swear this the 6th grades at the this school look older then ME!!

OMG MY LITTLE PONEY!! I am going shopping~!!

As for me, I like nither, and my parents bought me teddy bears, and legos.

Short Rant ended.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Bratz vs Barbie? I don't really see this as a reputable debate. No biggie, I am moving it to Cyber Lounge.

If any other mod sees this as a distinguishable debate; move it. It's fine by me.

Moving...

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

omg! finally I have come across some one who thinks the same!

I look at these dolls in the store and think well no wonder why kids are growing up faster these days, just look what the media is shoving in there faces. Or maybe there is just a change in society and the way we view things?

With regards to law suits, just wait for something to happen, parents will be sueing soon XD

Then they also had baby bratz! They looked like baby prostitutes!
    couldn't have put it better myself!

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Then they also had baby bratz! They looked like baby prostitutes! So far I havnt heard any lawsuits being filed against this doll, but what kind of message does that send to little girls?! A girl so skinny it makes the rest of her look out of proportion? and makup that looks like she should be on a corner? Personally I think Barbie is better and while I dont think a doll should effect a girls personal thoughts of image, how can a doll so disgusting make her feel good about herself? Sorry I know this is an earful but what do you think?
    Here is something it's not all about Bratz but I will put the link in and quote the part you should look at.
    Where has Feminism gone-Also has paragragh about Bratz and the hookerness

Then we have our little girls, whose role models become sexier and wearing less and less clothes every year, and I'm just talking about the Bratz dolls. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against looking sexy. I like looking sexy myself. But there is a world of difference between sexy and being nothing but a sex object. Have we taught our daughters the difference?

I agree the Bratz are getting even sluttier everytime another one is being made. This is what is being taught to children that this is what they should look like and that is totally the wrong impression that young children should be getting from dolls.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Get the kid something Dora related. That way they have something within their age range and they may pick up a bit of spanish.

It'd take the kid away from the Bratz and Barbie problems.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Vampir3Omen may be famous one day Vampir3Omen may be famous one day Vampir3Omen's Avatar
    In the cold dark wasteland of eternity...
    Thanks

In my opinion.
    There both really deformed. If you tried to make a "Barbie*” into a real human girl, she wouldn't be able to function properly. She would be overly skinny and the weight of her breasts would make her always topple over. It would be a total catastrophe. Ladies, you do NOT want to be like Barbie.

As for Bratz, I’m not too familiar with them. I’ve never actually come across one of them, probably because there so new. So all I have to say for them is that they bring lip surgery to a far bigger level. If anyone in reality had those lips, it wouldn't be the same and it would be really disgusting.

<<Yearning...to walk with the living... and out of the cold dark wasteland of eternity...>>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast