+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bratz vs. Barbie

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bratz vs. Barbie

Barbie dolls are also skinny. +__+

I do think the Bratz dolls as well as the clothes made for them are influencing kids these days... I'm seeing more and more elementary school students dressed like pop stars on stage! It's crazy. I mean, it doesn't seem nice to just flame a doll, but really - kids are easily influenced. I think if I had Bratz dolls to play with when I was a little kid, I probably would have wanted to wear boots and miniskirts and leopard-print jackets too. (>_<)

Then again, it's really up to parents - if you're okay with your kid doing this and that, then you know, whatever.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate Barbie, and I hate Bratz even more.
    Barbie is just... I just hate it. I think it's because I was always a tomboy, and wanted to play with cars and such when I was a little girl. I ended up mutilating Barbie dolls. LOL! Is her "figure" to perfect? Uh, hello! It's a bloody DOLL. Anyone who would look to a toy for anything is screwed up in the head, I'm sorry to say. It's a piece of plastic!

Bratz... Oh man. First off... Could they at least spell correctly? Seriously. And little girls LOVE those dolls! And they are so ... Ugly. They look like cheap hookers! LOL!
    There was a case in my home state of WA where a little girl got a singing Bratz doll for Christmas, and she was playing with it... Well, it said f*ck very very clearly! LOL! The company said it was supposed to say fun... LOL!!

I'd much rather buy my child a book or two, or a toy that had something more postive to show... A stupid girly doll that has nothing worth while to give back is worthless.

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai View Post
    Get the kid something Dora related. That way they have something within their age range and they may pick up a bit of spanish.

It'd take the kid away from the Bratz and Barbie problems.
    Dora is a really good idea, I didnt think of that! Thanks! Dora is an awsome influence for young girls to be adventurous, educated, and bilingual (looks like I need to learn how to spell) What more could a parent want?.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    I hate Barbie, and I hate Bratz even more.
    Barbie is just... I just hate it. I think it's because I was always a tomboy, and wanted to play with cars and such when I was a little girl. I ended up mutilating Barbie dolls. LOL! Is her "figure" to perfect? Uh, hello! It's a bloody DOLL. Anyone who would look to a toy for anything is screwed up in the head, I'm sorry to say. It's a piece of plastic!

Bratz... Oh man. First off... Could they at least spell correctly? Seriously. And little girls LOVE those dolls! And they are so ... Ugly. They look like cheap hookers! LOL!
    There was a case in my home state of WA where a little girl got a singing Bratz doll for Christmas, and she was playing with it... Well, it said f*ck very very clearly! LOL! The company said it was supposed to say fun... LOL!!

I'd much rather buy my child a book or two, or a toy that had something more postive to show... A stupid girly doll that has nothing worth while to give back is worthless.
    It's just to keep kids, occupied, you know? And perhaps, let them uh, learn how to mix and match clothes. Haha. But I'm like you in a sense that my idea of playing with Barbie dolls was pulling off their heads and limbs. ^^;; By accident, though. I'd get really frustrated if the clothes didn't go on properly, of if the doll's hair was too hard to brush, and I'd pull here and there and *pop* out comes a head.

Come to think of it, I spent a great deal of my childhood reading. I have to agree that reading is a much more beneficial pastime, as opposed to playing with Barbie dolls. Lego is good too - though for older kids who are smart enough not to swallow any of the pieces.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

im a boy and know nothing of it but o well
    barbie has a boyfriend that is very sucessfull and stuff and is smart while brats are bimboes dressing up in skank clothes to impress men, and now they have brats baby, where in the comercial, the babies are dressed in underwear and dancing for a boy. and since little girls (and boys.....Rofl) buy these, their minds are still young and could be manipulated, so i say, watch wut ur doll does

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

Bratz is meant to be the 'cool' Barbie..

I should know =D I used to love them..

Barbie is waay more innocent than them!

It Isn't smothered in makeup and hair dye and little tiny skirts!

So Barbies a better example for your kids.. like someone said about the jos thingie!

Unless you want your children to grow up wanting big heads.. And big headed children.. and I think they do ponies aswell.. So big headed ponies..

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me View Post
    Bratz is meant to be the 'cool' Barbie..

I should know =D I used to love them..

Barbie is waay more innocent than them!

It Isn't smothered in makeup and hair dye and little tiny skirts!

So Barbies a better example for your kids.. like someone said about the jos thingie!

Unless you want your children to grow up wanting big heads.. And big headed children.. and I think they do ponies aswell.. So big headed ponies..
    yes as i said, barbie is better. but before i let my kids play with those dolls, they have to realise that those dolls are not real. that they do not live, and you should not take them word for word as an example. i would tell them that they can play with them, but to take a strict view for an example from them is wrong. you can observe some of their qualities but you have to set an example for yourself. :P

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Thanks

Barbies look like adults. Bratz are kids. That's probably why little kids are likely to dress the way they've been dressing their Bratz. I know I was stuck with Skipper and her overalls - my sisters got to hog all the nice Barbie dolls. Maybe that's why I grew up wearing overalls and ballet pumps too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast