+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bratz vs. Barbie

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bratz vs. Barbie

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    It's just to keep kids, occupied, you know? And perhaps, let them uh, learn how to mix and match clothes. Haha. But I'm like you in a sense that my idea of playing with Barbie dolls was pulling off their heads and limbs. ^^;; By accident, though. I'd get really frustrated if the clothes didn't go on properly, of if the doll's hair was too hard to brush, and I'd pull here and there and *pop* out comes a head.

Come to think of it, I spent a great deal of my childhood reading. I have to agree that reading is a much more beneficial pastime, as opposed to playing with Barbie dolls. Lego is good too - though for older kids who are smart enough not to swallow any of the pieces.
    I think I got frustrated with Barbie's clothes, too... That may have been where the mutilation started. ^_^;

I too spent most of my childhood reading. I am lucky that I have awesome parents who introduced me to books very young. I am thankful for it!
    So now, six year old little girls are playing with Bratz and Barbie. When I was six, I was reading The Hobbit. And actually understanding it. ^_^ I was into Shakespeare at 8. You know?
    I LOVE Legos! I rememebr getting a new Lego set every year for Christmas... My brother and I had two HUGE tubs to them! They really got my imagination going. Just recently, I passed on my tubs of Legos to my nephew. Now he's enjoying them too! ^_^

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    Ok so I have a niece turning 4 next month so I went out shopping for a toy. As I was walking down the Barbie isle (She loves barbie) I was thinking about all the lawsuits and problems Mattel was having a few years ago with Barbies image. Although a successful pilot, teacher, mom, wife, doctor, veterinarian (dont know how to spell, sorry), soldier, secretary, model, ceo and who knows what else, parents were mad that her porportions were too perfect for their little girls (and some boys) to idolize. So mattel changed barbie from a victoria secret model to a small breasted, flat footed normal (almost normal) woman. Having been out of the Barbie market for a while I was surprised at how many new dolls there were. The new Kelly series and my little ponies are back (horraay!!) and a new doll called bratz. The bratz doll was the weirdest I had ever seen, her head is huge in comparison to her body she has an even smaller waist than her wrists and is covered the worst makup, clothing and accessories I had ever seen. Then they also had baby bratz! They looked like baby prostitutes! So far I havnt heard any lawsuits being filed against this doll, but what kind of message does that send to little girls?! A girl so skinny it makes the rest of her look out of proportion? and makup that looks like she should be on a corner? Personally I think Barbie is better and while I dont think a doll should effect a girls personal thoughts of image, how can a doll so disgusting make her feel good about herself? Sorry I know this is an earful but what do you think?
    this is a great thread MistressMorgan!! Sorry for the super long post.

I don't see how bratz could ever be made I mean.. really talk about materialism. You look at all the accessories that come with. The same goes for Barbie. They had all these choices of cloths to wear that fitted them perfectly and had all the other things to go with it too like the ponies, cars, houses, camper vans. But really all they are trying to do is imprint that you need all the right clothes, and accessories. For some who didn't any Barbie or what have you..you were like this person who wasn't cool enough to join in with the other kids. (well for my generation anyway).

When it comes to Barbie it was all about perfection. As you previously said and it did lead to most children wanted to be that perfect person and causing them selves terrific damage to their health just to get it. Barbie didn't give off the idea of that no one is perfect but clouded all the kids minds. However, when Bratz was brought in it was mean't to change it and show that. but due to them trying to make it too cartoon and give them way too bigger heads than normal..it just made it look like a cartoon version of Barbie and really I hope that they die out because no way will i be buying my kids Bratz in the future.

As far as Bratz go..i don't see how they appeal to the children of todays generation. The only difference is that they are smaller and not in proportion
    they just look like a stupid cartoon that should be taken off air forever. How can they appeal to children and make them understand that perfect isn't what the should be aiming for? If anything i think Bratz should be killed and burnt so they don't toy with childrens heads.

Both Barbie and Bratz all came out with Boyfriends etc...which again i think is messed up. I mean yeah you could see what your dream guy would be like and that he would a perfect six pack with great muscles and that he would be totally hot. But what they don't say is that really its about personality. if your personality sucks then there is no way the relationship will last. Its like they give off the wrong signals about what children should be thinking about and how they see others. Their perception on others is a shallow way to approach it. we should all be

ooops sorry for the essay but i got carried away.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

i for one think that perhaps something a little more hands on like the dora idea posted earlier is way better than a doll. But as doll's go barbie is way better. They have gotten better and at least the barbie dolls are things like lawyers, and doctors, so that way these young girls can be obssessed about thier weight but at the same time try to have a 'real' job instead of beign a bratz inspired prostitute
    every rose has a thorn

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Everything in the media that has to do with females is horrible.

I read a stupid article today that Gisele Bundchen (she's a model) blames parents for their daughters behaviour in terms of wanting to be skinny. I think that's the dumbest thing a person can say. The media throws all these beautiful, skinny, "perfect" women in our faces every single day. Of course a girl is going to want to look like them. It's every girls' dream to be beautiful. The media makes it seem like you have to look a certain way to be beautiful and accepted. It isn't the parents' fault at all. They can tell their daughter anything they want. It wont matter because when the subject is shoved in their faces everyday, the girls can't help but feel that being skinny equals being beautiful.

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

the bratz are meant for girls 15-19.. never buy thefor kids... they are all about being a slut and stuff like that i would never buy my kid one of those! thats is when i have kids...

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Is Emo View Post
    the bratz are meant for girls 15-19.. never buy thefor kids... they are all about being a slut and stuff like that i would never buy my kid one of those! thats is when i have kids...

So because they wear make up and short skirts makes them slutty?

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Commander View Post
    So because they wear make up and short skirts makes them slutty?

The girl may not be slutty, but I think showing a tab bite more legs, and make-up.

Shows that girl maybe mature, and it does send guys her way. So yea slutty is it.

If the girl likes to feel comterable(sp). I don't think running around half naked does it.

there's a difference in feeling pretty, and just being slutty~

As for the topic. Any Image for a child is bad. Note: GI Joe.

I think you should just get them Legos.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Commander View Post
    Everything in the media that has to do with females is horrible.

I read a stupid article today that Gisele Bundchen (she's a model) blames parents for their daughters behaviour in terms of wanting to be skinny. I think that's the dumbest thing a person can say. The media throws all these beautiful, skinny, "perfect" women in our faces every single day. Of course a girl is going to want to look like them. It's every girls' dream to be beautiful. The media makes it seem like you have to look a certain way to be beautiful and accepted. It isn't the parents' fault at all. They can tell their daughter anything they want. It wont matter because when the subject is shoved in their faces everyday, the girls can't help but feel that being skinny equals being beautiful.
    Wow...
    Giesele Bundchen has no room to talk.
    According to America's idea of what is beautiful... She's flawless.
    She has no room to talk.
    Parents are not to be blamed for something like that.
    My mom talked to me all the time about what is really means to be beautiful... And I still ended up having some pretty bad self-esteem as a teen. >.<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast