+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calling all legislators

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Calling all legislators

Hi everyone,

~!! Well... I know, you know, and we all know that we are not some actual appointed lawmakers.. but let us cogitate and reflect upon this question: Have you had the chance to construct and enact/pass a law, what would it be? Briefly state the law under consideration first, and then, this goes without saying, please explain why! And hey, you could also propose how that would impact the people, environment, or the society in general. If you have more laws that you want to set on the table, please do so.

So let's engage some ideas and get some laws rolling...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Calling all legislators

How about a law which makes it impossible to become king/president/etc. if you don't have an IQ of at least 112?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps one that limit the use of billions of dollars in wars instead of taking care of more important internal issues...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd legalize pot. It'd free up a lot of money spent on policing it that could be better spent on more dangerous drugs, such as meth, cocaine, and heroin, which actually kills people, sometimes the first time they use it. It also frees all the money spent on people who are in prison because of Marijuana charges.

Lets face it, have you ever, ever, heard of someone dying from marijuana overdose? Dying from choking on the Two bite brownie they got from 7-11 maybe...

While smoking anything is bad for your health, Alcohol and Tobacco will kill you faster then pot.

And before you ask, Yes.
    Last edited by aceman67; Nov 13, 2007 at 11:15 PM.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I'd legalize pot. It'd free up a lot of money spent on policing it that could be better spent on more dangerous drugs, such as meth, cocaine, and heroin, which actually kills people, sometimes the first time they use it. It also frees all the money spent on people who are in prison because of Marijuana charges.

Lets face it, have you ever, ever, heard of someone dying from marijuana overdose? Dying from choking on the Two bite brownie they got from 7-11 maybe...

While smoking anything is bad for your health, Alcohol and Tobacco will kill you faster then pot.

And before you ask, Yes.
    If that happened I would happily live in a place where that didn't happen. For me drugs is the one thing I will not go near and I distance myself from it on purpose. I don't like the idea of my friends doing but if they did it, then I will be walking far away for sure.

For me if I was to make a law it would be to higher the minimum wage to over £10 per hour. That would make it easier to get a well paid job and be able to earn as much money as possible when one has finished college or university. After going through higher education one should rewarded for their efforts and for staying in school.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The only problem with making the minimum wadge too high is that it would either kill the economy, or make prices of food, gas, and products skyrocket to cover the cost of paying the employees which will have this effect: It will raise the cost of living, which will land you in the same position which brought about the hike in minimum wage.

Minimum Wage in Alberta where I live is $8.00 (£4), but our economy and cost of living reflect that, and there's a balance. And then again, because Alberta's economy is one of the best in Canada (Alberta's the only province with no debt), no employer can get away with paying minimum wage, even to part timer high school kids as young as 15, because they can just go down the street and get a better paying job. Hell, I was working at Burger King for $10.00/hour with a $1000 signing bonus after 3 months.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps one that limit the use of billions of dollars in wars instead of taking care of more important internal issues...

yeah, but they're politicians, everything would become an important internal issue... like the issue of filling their internal pockets, if you know what i mean~!

I'd legalize pot.

i'd agree with this one, you know why? taxes, taxes, taxes. do you know how much money the government would tax if they get that stuff legal? i daresay there would be no more crappy schools or poor healthcare! and that's if the politicians skim off the top too~!

but i digress, if i were to make a law... huh, that's a hard one... i would make laws tough on people who work in the retirement homes and stuff ike that. and the punishment would be especially hard if a resident died of malpractice... and the laws would also encourage people to rat each other out... seriously guys, my Grandad is in one of those places, you do not want to believe the stories they tell to cover their asses... i swear, if anything happens to my Grandad, some people over there are going to get a good kick in the place that makes them die... WITH A SHOT GUN!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I would make ALL addictive substances/drugs illegal without prescriptions including alcohol and tobacco. Maybe I would even go after artificial caffeine. Bwahahahahahaha!!!! Lets go back to people drinking while hiding in their houses instead of out in public where they drive.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast