+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: can anyone tell me what is Ghotic and what is Lolita?? i'm confused bout that...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: can anyone tell me what is Ghotic and what is Lolita?? i'm confused bout that...

A Lolita is an underage girl who is sexually aware, provocative or seductive.
    Gothic is a style of architecture.

Goths are people who hate colors, wear too much eyeliner and stomp around to noisy music in heavy boots.

Gothic lolitas are high school - college girls who wear black frilly dresses in hopes of attracting the eye of a visual kei musician to sleep with.

Country lolitas are girls high school - college girls who wear pink, red, white and patterned frilly doll dresses in hopes of attracting the eye of a visual kei musician to sleep with and/or a much older man to act as their sugar daddy.

There are other brands of goths and lolitas... but essentially, the only people who are obsessed enough with the differences are the people involved in the fashion themselves (since, for some odd reason, quite a lot of them stand around hating each other based on what they are doing wrong fashionably... like wearing the wrong colors, sleeping with the wrong visual kei musicians, being too fat/too skinny or not spending enough on clothing).

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: can anyone tell me what is Ghotic and what is Lolita?? i'm confused bout that...

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post

Goths are people who hate colors, wear too much eyeliner and stomp around to noisy music in heavy boots.

Gothic lolitas are high school - college girls who wear black frilly dresses in hopes of attracting the eye of a visual kei musician to sleep with.

Country lolitas are girls high school - college girls who wear pink, red, white and patterned frilly doll dresses in hopes of attracting the eye of a visual kei musician to sleep with and/or a much older man to act as their sugar daddy.

There are other brands of goths and lolitas... but essentially, the only people who are obsessed enough with the differences are the people involved in the fashion themselves (since, for some odd reason, quite a lot of them stand around hating each other based on what they are doing wrong fashionably... like wearing the wrong colors, sleeping with the wrong visual kei musicians, being too fat/too skinny or not spending enough on clothing).

must it be sleeping with kei musician in order to get attraction or to hv a sugar daddy or what? hrm.. any other reasons for that? it sounds scary...
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post

Just to ask how does that make that any better if the are sexually aware that is still weird and that is one of those things that I will just to have to say ewwww again.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

Newbie amatsubu is off to a good start amatsubu's Avatar
    In the most corrupt, and scheming boarding school ever...cause my parents hate me v.v
    Thanks

there are many different definitions the one i use for gothic is usually a style that is a dark it stands out, it usually is a person who is a bit more depressed and not as interested in expressing happiness. Lolita is a way of saying cute, it translate into a cute child...so their is a type of hentai called lolicon which features young girls. A gothic lolita cosplay is a dress and or shoes that stand out as a little more poofy sometimes dark sometimes not, they contain lace and bows most of the time. I happen to think they are very pretty, but I guess that's my opinio as being a goth/emo. If you need a good example I suggest looking at some of freya's and chi's dresses form chobits.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amatsubu View Post
    Lolita is a way of saying cute, it translate into a cute child...so their is a type of hentai called lolicon which features young girls.
    You are wrong on every possible level.

"Lolita" is English, not Japanese. It does not mean "cute"... it is actually a noun meaning "sexually provocative adolescent girl".

There's a classic novel by the title that you may want to read to clear things up.

The word has been "Japanized" to mean "underage girl".

The gothic lolita style borrows nothing from hentai... nor are the two fandoms even remotely connected.

Gothic lolitas seek to look younger than they are by wearing clothing that is age inappropriate (ie. stuff that you'd usually put on a toddler or young child, not on a grown woman). It's a youth-oriented fashion movement that actually runs counter to sexuality in most cases. Quite a few lolitas are "geeks" and are not sexually active. Their main concerns are fashion, music and fandom.

Lolita as a fetish type is any precocious young girl. And lolicon is a noun derived from "lolita complex"... ie. it is the attraction to underage girls (or someone who is attracted to underage girls).

Review: lolita - underaged girl, lolicon - one who wants to fiddle with underaged girls.

And for the record, my definitions before were tounge-in-cheek. I have been part of the Tokyo lolita fandom by proxy (as a Visual Kei groupie in the late 90s-early 00s and now as the best friend of a lolita).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2