+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Can guys and girls really just be FRIENDS?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Can guys and girls really just be FRIENDS?

I think this sort of topic is what you folks might like to discuss about so here you go.
    This thread has two questions, so read through. The optimist says, "Yes, a man and a woman can just be friends/best friends." And the cynic says, "No, he/she is only kind to you because he/she has a motive."

So what do you think?? Can a male and female just be friends/close friends/best friends without ever going being that??

and:

If they can, does our society/societies and our surroundings (family, friends) allow it??

Here is what I am talking about: Even if a guy and girl are best of friends, can their friendship survive the jealousy and mistrust of their respective companions? Can a guy and a girl just enjoy each other as friends w/o friends and families constantly suggesting that there is something going on to confuse them?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can guys and girls really just be FRIENDS?

I would have to say that yes it is completely possible for a dude and chick to be just friends. I will admit that there are a lot of times that couples will get jelous and families will try and push and shove, but I've seen it before and I do think its rare but still its possible.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

yeah it is possible. I have a balance of male and female friends plus Legend your one of my male friends so there :P

Of course things can get complicated down the line where two people start to realise that they like each other but that doesn't mean it happens to everyone. No one can really say "oh you shouldn't be friends with that person" because then they are trying to control another person and that is the thing I hate the most because people usually try to control me because they think I am too naive, which they are wrong about, I just like to make friends and get to know people.

As for the jealousy part I think if they really friends then they wouldn't let jealous get in the way of their friendship but that can also prove difficult if one person likes the other in a different way to how the other person feels.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, it is possible but it does get hard when you get people saiding you like that friend and at times the other friend will try to still away because she or he just want to be friends or maybe they are confuse. It is possible but they got to stop caring what other people said that they know is not truth. I lost a good friendship because of that.
    Perfection is dull

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

my group of friends has a girl in it, and she's cool, but she used to think we where friends with her cuz she was at one time going out with another of our friends. it took her a while to realise that we wanted her to hang out with us.

i think it is totally possible, but it doesnt/wont happen very often. even if the is really no "secret agenda" ppl will always talk and pressue, just like billium said.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie chibiurd07 is off to a good start chibiurd07's Avatar
    Thanks

A chic and a guy can totally be friends....

there if of course people thinking

"hey there must be something goin on because they always hangout"

but thats because they jump to conclusion

if either the chic or a guy were in a relationship with someone else

they should be able to understand the bond between the two people

i think it is possible

because im in that situation

and my boyfriend is totally cool with my guy friends...

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course they can. Why wouldn't they? Because of sexual impulses? "Love"? Absurd I say - but that's just me.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    So what do you think?? Can a male and female just be friends/close friends/best friends without ever going being that??

and:

If they can, does our society/societies and our surroundings (family, friends) allow it??
    I do believe that a guy and girl can be best friends without their significant others feeling threatened. I became very close friends with my best friend (and ex)'s bf . . . once in a while he gets jealous that I spend more time with her than he gets to, but overall we're great. Sure, the occasional person says, "Awww . . . you'd be so cute together!" but we only want to be friends.

My motivation for being a friend with anybody is to just be a friend. Everyone needs friends. That's what I'm here for!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast