+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can You Accept Short Term Relationship? (why?)

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Can You Accept Short Term Relationship? (why?)

as i'm not staying in malaysia for long, i wanted to be happy before i leave my country as i'm leaving for something i'm forced to do.... so i meet a guy that i really interested in. and we get to know each other very fast. not long after that, i found out that he was interested in me too and he proposed to me. lol. i've accepted him and we're couple now. haha

the problem is, our relationship can only stay for six months. i hope he can wait for me till i done my master. (already become long distance relationship) its just five years.. is that too long for him? how can i make him to wait?

not everyone can accept these type of short term relationship. can you? how would you react with it?
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can You Accept Short Term Relationship? (why?)

Though I don't know how to make him wait, if it was me, I'd wait. It's hard to find someone you really care about. A short term relationship, no I don't think I'd be able to handle it. but a long-distance relationship is something else entirely. Like I said, I'd wait until I could be with that special someone. Five years is not really a long time to wait for someone you'd like to spend the rest of your life with.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elvin View Post
    as i'm not staying in malaysia for long, i wanted to be happy before i leave my country as i'm leaving for something i'm forced to do.... so i meet a guy that i really interested in. and we get to know each other very fast. not long after that, i found out that he was interested in me too and he proposed to me. lol. i've accepted him and we're couple now. haha

the problem is, our relationship can only stay for six months. i hope he can wait for me till i done my master. (already become long distance relationship) its just five years.. is that too long for him? how can i make him to wait?

not everyone can accept these type of short term relationship. can you? how would you react with it?
    I could accept the conditions of a short-term relationship. Both people have to be aware of those conditions though. Even if it's only six-months, they can be six full months of experience and joy. Leaving that behind might be hard, but then you have to ask yourself what you'd want? Would you prefer not doing anything at all, or developing a relationship with the idea that it would end in six months. I'd go for the relationship. See what happens.

As for waiting... Nah. It's mighty hard to wait for 5 years. I don't think I could do it. I wouldn't want to do it. And I'd probably be better off knowing that when I left I would not have to worry about something like that. Depending on how well the relationship went, then I can imagine it'd be easy to stay in touch and stay incredibly good friends. If you can manage that relationship while you're away, then (barring some technicalities), when you return, the same feelings should still be there. Though, you wouldn't have wasted those 5 years stuck in a long-distance relationship.

My opinions. Best of luck to you. Don't just make the choice that "feels" right. Think about things ahead of time, and be realistic.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverskater145 For This Useful Post:

elvin (May 27, 2008)

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes because i know that i had some fun and that i wasnt probaly going to be with them my whole life or anything so im fine with just having some fun.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... Having this a short term relationship is like having a short marriage time. I am only saying this as an example from my Aunti and Uncle, since they talked about it to me. Okay well this happens only when there is no true emotions going on between two couples that are not really into each others feelings.

Another example is having this short term relationship could work out only when the two of you could have a plan made out and there has to be proper accomadations that way everything goes in the right way your expecting. My only opinion is that when you feel that there is something wrong with it just take some time to think about it thouroughly and then explain the situation about it to him. If i were in his shoes i would only make things easier for you or what is best for you.

Like Silverskater145 mentioned about having the terms and conditions, because there are different ways to settle all possible problems, even though there are only poeple that are couples never faced problems before in their marriage. Well i wish you good luck on your engagement and have a memorable time with your husband.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes to both. for the short-term question i would only see it as an experience type of deal and then move on. I'm not big on the whole relationship thing in the beginning so a short-term wouldn't be a problem.

Same with long distance, i'd probably feel more comfortable with a long distance one, again i am not much of a relationship dude to begin with. far too self-centered.. ^^\

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes that is another reason i can handle it theres no true love in it we just went out had some fun and found out that we werent right for each other.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Elvin: I would tell you think about it really well.
    For me there is no point in starting a realationship is you two are not willing to continue it after six months. There is a lot you can end up giving on those six months that maybe you would end up regreting the rest of your life.
    A long distance relationship is not easy to take. Right now I am studying 8 hour away from my boyfriend but I get to see him everytime School is out. Meaning I get to see him pretty often. Even though with that it is hard, not to be loyal, but to endurealone when you need him the most...
    So I would tell you: be real, get dreammy is the easiest thing to do... If you are not going to see him at least twice a year... I would say is not worth it... but it is you guy's choice ^^
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast